KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Provide technical inputs and overall responsible to develop and implementation management of SC education programs in Balochistan;
2. Financial Management as Sub-budget holder;
3. Ensure preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans for all projects/programs and collate these into overall detailed implementation plan and ensure that all education staff adhere to work plans and targets and to make timely adjustments for any unforeseen delays;
4. Conduct program monthly review meeting with the education team members and oversee progress toward achievement of planned targets in each project;
5. Work closely with SC implementing partners to review their performance and organizational development needs in line with our strategy for partners management.
6. Provide technical support for developing teacher and PTC members training programs. Monitor training programs to ensure quality of training;
7. Lead the education team by informing on workable models of education, ECD, child participation, quality education including teacher professional development
8. Facilitate education and SHN team members to conduct SHN campaign at program schools and madrassa.
9. Develop and launch advocacy initiatives to mobilize stakeholders on education issues at district, provincial and national level;
10. Coordinate data management with district EMIS (Education Management Information System) for all education projects with the assistance of MIS team members.
11. Oversee compliance of all program activities with Save the Children national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements;
12. Oversee the monitoring, evaluation and research activities of the education sector programs;
13. Represent Save the Children in education related meetings and help maintain effective relations and good coordination with the government, UN agencies, INGOs, NGOs and other stakeholders in Balochistan as requested by the Balochistan Program Manager or Director Education & Child Development;
14. Assist with strategic planning and proposal development to build Save the Childrens education portfolio in Balochistan.
15. Devise and implement strategies to promote gender equity at all levels of the education program.
16. Compile narrative and financial reports and to assist in the collection, analysis and dissemination of research and other relevant data to prepare monthly, quarterly, Bi-annual and Annual reports;
17. Any other Task assigned by PM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master's Degree in Social Science and/or Education from HEC recognized University;
At least 8 years of project management experience in development sector;
At least 5 years of experience in working in Education Sector;
Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation & Research;
Demonstrated ability to lead a technical and professional project team members to meet objectives in and across multiple technical areas and timely accomplishment the project activities;
Good understanding of the project cycle, including project monitoring and design of project frameworks;
Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with donors, government line departments and other partners;
Demonstrated leadership capacity to analyze problems and issues and to develop technical solutions
Ability to visit project sites in remote areas as and when required;
Competency in Word and Excel
Excellent skills in written and spoken English, Urdu and local languages.
Good leadership and communication skills
Willingness to serve in SC humanitarian response.