DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people in more than 30 countries world-wide.
DRC has established its operation in Pakistan during December 2010 in order to contribute to the flood recovery response, as well as part of a regional program addressing Afghan displacement in close coordination with its programmes in Afghanistan, Iran and Tajikistan. DRC country office in Pakistan is established in Peshawar with operations in eight districts of Khyber Puktunkhwa.
Position’s Overall Objective
To initiate and develop a social process in the targeted communities for a participatory analysis of community problems and play a key role on the identification of solutions for those problems, and to become the main connection between beneficiaries and the projects
Position’s Specific Objectives
- To ensure Communities’ are actively involved and participate in the project implementation.
- To ensure quality feedback on project activities in the field is properly transmitted to the management.
- To identify community needs through an Age, Gender, Diversity Mainstreaming (‘AGDM’) approach, including focus group discussions and individual interviews,
- Disseminate project related information in an easily-understandable format for communities,
- Implement activities in a participatory manner for the targeted communities under the supervision of the Protection Officers/Project Coordinator,
- Carry out community mobilization and project related distributions at field level,
- Assist in identifying protection issues in beneficiary communities and flag them for the attention of Protection Officers,
- Assist in DRC coordination and interaction with partner organisations including UNHCR/ECHO, relevant government departments and local authorities on a regular basis,
- Actively participate in field meetings as assigned by the supervisor,
- Accurately and responsibly document information and share with appropriate partners, with approval of supervisor,
- Work within the agreed work plan and ensure timely attention to priority tasks,
- Facilitate the M&E staff in collecting project related information,
- Play a key role on the integration at field level of the different project components (Protection, Livelihood, CI),
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Female potential candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Test/Interviewe.
No TA/DA will be admissible to the shortlisted candidate(s) called for Test/Interview.