Role: At S&P Global Market Intelligence we follow Agile Software Development Methodology and Scrum team environment. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working on various software applications mainly using .NET technologies which includes mobile friendly web based applications (may also work on front end web development libraries), desktop based applications, back-end services, workflow systems, and flexible enough to work as per the project needs. You will be participating in the software development life cycle (SDLC) as appropriate and may get a chance to serve in a lead capacity on high priority enhancements, undertaking training and mentoring responsibilities and devoting additional time to analyze system performance.
Impact: Contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by:
- Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
- Supporting and maintaining high revenue products
- Achieve the above intelligently and economically using best practices
Career: This is the place to enhance your development skills while having the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach developers who have recently graduated and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain.
The team/business: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals recruited from top universities and industries. The team is responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise web domain of our products.
Our Hiring Manager says: I’m looking for a person that gets excited about technology and motivated by seeing how our individual efforts and teamwork contributes to the world class web, desktop and feed products which affect the workflow of 1000s of clients resulting in revenue for the company.
Your skills: You should be able to demonstrate that you have an outstanding knowledge and hands- on experience in the below areas:
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support on web based products.
- Following best coding practices, implementing industry known software design patterns and enhancing self and team knowledge by doing research on latest technological advancements.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code and engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be part of a culture to continuously improve the technical design and code base
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- 7+ years of significant experience in web development using
- Interface Protocols and Standards:JSON, Jquery
- Frameworks:Entity Framework, MVC, MVVM, SPA Framework, WCF, MS Web API
- Operating Systems: Windows
- Processes: Software Engineering, Object-Oriented Software, Design Patterns, Agile
- Programming, Cross-browser Compatibility
- uperior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns. Substantial SQL Server development, distributed systems and Design patterns and their applications
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Medical Insurance (Covers Parents, spouse and kids)
- Life Insurance
- Relocation Allowance
- Company provided laptops
- Flexible working hours
- Additional allowances for internet, fuel and odd shifts
- Provident Fund
- Performance based bonuses
- On-campus recreational activities
- State of the art end-user technologies