General Scope of Work: YPO Climate Change Program is responsible to provide technical support and assistance to CC program in all aspects of program management, designing, coordination, and monitoring. Support in mobilization and provision on inputs of the project and production of outputs, according to the programme document and the procedures provided. Provide close and regular administrative and technical backstopping to all project/program components. Implement reporting systems between the Program and Project/s. Backstop Coordinator in the process and creation of project related publications, reports, research papers, presentations, logistics, and ensure that information available to the HOD/Line Manager is accurate.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Operational (General/Administrative):
1. Ensure compliance with all organizational policies, rules and regulations.
2. Ensure that the organization’s interests in the execution of the project(s) are safeguarded at all times.
3. Be responsible for the smooth operation of the Program/project(s) assigned.
4. Assure that all contractual obligations are adhered to and make the necessary contacts and efforts to ensure implementation of required targets.
5. Resolve/Monitor major administrative issues of the Program/Project(s) and report on progress to the Line Manager.
6. Ensure the major deliverables in general and research in specific are formally approved by HOD/Line Manager.
7. Identify and utilize strong team members to bring additional experience in Climate Change program.
8. Hold regular meetings with the entire project team where team meets face-to-face.
9. Provide opportunities for team-building & capacity building activities.
10. Supervise the overall planning of the project(s) activities.
11. Supervise the preparation of project(s) budgets and utilization of approved finances; ensure that expenses are incurred in an efficient manner.
12. Be responsible for quality delivery of all intermediate and final outputs of project(s).
13. Regularly appraise coordinate team members, provide feedback, and support to enable them to do their jobs better.
14. Ensure the proper hard/soft filing of all documents related to individual activities, as per the organization’s QMS guidelines.
B. Functional (Task Specific):
1. Designing and improvement of the Climate Change Programme.
2. Developing all process related guidelines, SOPs and checklists.
3. Project Targets achieved with good quality of deliverables.
4. Assist in coordinating the mid term evaluations.
5. Maintain a repository of information on the client and other stakeholders’ interaction with the project.
6. Coordinate with the Admin focal person for all project related activities and approvals.
7. Review and provide feedback to the communications department on the implementation of communication strategy of the project(s) in Climate Change.
8. Coordinate with the HR department and ensure timely hiring of the project teams and team management.
9. Prepare and review Job Specifications for project and research teams in line with Climate Change.
10. Review Training and Research design to ensure that it is in line with the program requirements.
11. Review and manage project finances including budgets (overall and recurring budgets).
12. Analyse Climate Change project-related developments from time-to-time and provide timely inputs to senior management for informed decision-making.
C. Symbiotic (Cross-Functional):
13. Develop/refine process for smooth functioning with other departments/units both internally and for projects.
14. Identify core needs required by the project for effective delivery of the agreed deliverables in coordination with the other units.
15. Participate in project development activities, with the aim of developing a common understanding about project outcomes, activities, outputs, resources and methodology.
16. Develop close working relationships with project participants and stakeholders in order to establish a shared vision and achieve project objectives.
17. Extend full cooperation to internal/ external auditors during audits and ensure proper follow up on recorded observations/recommendations.
18. Postgraduate degree (preferable Masters) in economics/research/information science.
19. Minimum of 2 years practical experience in managing relevant field and Climate Change related projects.
20. Strong analytical, writing, database management and comprehension skills.
21. Good understanding of current thinking on the position of climate change.
22. Specific knowledge, experience and interest in climate and development issues, actors, and policy process.
23. Expert knowledge of climate change priorities and institutions.
24. Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
25. Excellent IT and Microsoft Office skills