The ideal candidate:
Should have 10 years of in a building services / facilities management environment with 5 years of relevant experience in HVAC systems
Hold diploma in Mechanical Engineering OR HVAC discipline or equivalent
- Participate in the testing & commissioning, handover and implementation of the HVAC system in accordance with compliance and requirements. Identify any snags, defects and generate a report on the corrective measures
- Supervises all HVAC personnel, including other supervisors; duties include planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or for discipline, termination or retention.
- Teaches and enforces safety regulations and HVAC codes.
- Reads complex blueprints and electronic diagrams.
- Maintains plans, records and files regarding heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Supervises the preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilating systems.
- Performs duties of an HVAC technician when necessary.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance, fault diagnosis, remedial repairs and adjustments to the HVAC system to provide operational effectiveness and continuity of service
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition. Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems. Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. VFDs, pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Should provide a high level of customers service to the Client and Site Personnel.
Essenential Skills and Knowledge:
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Technical knowledge of refrigeration cycle, electron theory, treating air to control temperature, theory of combustion
Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
Knowledge of safety codes and international HVAC codes