Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP) is a non-profit support organisation registered under the Companies Ordinance, 1984, with a mandate to promote the volume and effectiveness of philanthropy in Pakistan. PCP seeks to facilitate altruistic efforts of national and international donors (individual as well as corporate) by establishing effective linkages between the donors and non-profit organizations (NPOs).
Given its unique mandate, PCP is initiating pioneering work in the field of philanthropy and intends to focus on such areas where no baseline information is available. To develop meaningful and effective interventions, PCP conducts primary and secondary research in individual, corporate and diaspora philanthropy, both at home and aboard.
The Research Associate will report to the Manager Research:
The Research Associate would be responsible for assisting Manager Research and the research team in developing the overall research agenda to inform PCP’s programmes and to assist in developing a comprehensive body of knowledge on philanthropic practices of individuals and organizations. This includes:
- Identifying important research topics linked to PCP’s overall mandate and/or specific programmes.
- Developing concept papers, research proposals and multimedia presentations on identified themes.
- Developing research resource material/databank from various sources including the web.
- Collecting and updating data for assigned research topics.
- Conducting and/or managing fieldwork for any projects.
- Coordinating with data sources and stakeholder agencies/organizations.
- Exploring and locating grant funding for PCP's research programmes.
- Designing and implementing research studies conducted by PCP.
- Identifying and screening suitable organizations/ individuals for outsourcing research studies.
- For outsourced research, developing ToRs for consultants and overseeing their work.
- Writing appropriately worded and formatted research reports to suit the needs of different audiences.
- Any other task assigned by the reporting officer, PM or Executive Director, PCP
- Respect for diversity
- Results orientation and accountability
- Planning and organizing
- Communication and trust
- Team orientation
- Organizational development and innovation
MINIMUM ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The Research Associates should possess the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in social sciences with research orientation from a well-reputed institution. Undergraduate applicants with strong applications and work experience may be considered.
- Experience of conducting social research.
- Good understanding of the basic tenets of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to articulate; should be able to write high quality reports.
- Understanding of social, economic and philanthropy issues of Pakistani society.
- Analytical mind.
- Demonstrable know how of MS Office and Power Point.
- Knowledge of stata or any other statistical software would be preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multi-tasking and commitment to work
Industry : N.G.O./Social Services
Total Position : 1
Job Type : Long TermContract
Department : Research
Job Location : Islamabad
Gender : Doesn't Matter
Minimum Education : Masters
Career Level : Junior
Minimum Experience : 01-02 Years
Apply By : March 24, 2017
Email : email@example.com