Job Title: Assistant Manager Grants
Reports To: Value Chain Technical Lead
Duty Station: Gilgit
Age Limit: 40 years
Job Summary & Specific Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager Grants will report to Value Chain Technical Lead and will establish and lead Department of Grants Management in supporting program team areas by ensuring sound grant and management, timely financial reporting, analysis of agreements and contracts. Responsible for the implementation of grants management operations to ensure compliance with legal and donor requirements.
- Manage Grants Department as per developed guidelines, procedures, standards, work processes, manuals, metrics and methodologies for a successful and comprehensive grant management system
- Ensure that all grant requests are reviewed and processed in accordance with the grants manual and donor regulations
- Maintaining database of grants
- Prepare grant award letters as per grants manual
- Write and review memoranda of understanding, teaming agreements, contracts, and sub-agreements as per grants manual
- Ensure accuracy of manual and electronic grant files including but not limited to coding, reporting, and forms through use of periodic reconciliations and checks
- Develop tools and indicators to ensure quality and timeliness of all aspects of grants processing and management.
- Maintain grant oversight by recording the status of grants, forecasting and tracking grants and program budgets.
- Play the lead role in ensuring that key processes are in place to ensure that grant risk assessment, donor financial compliance, and reporting management systems receive consistent attention and direct support
- Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the management
Qualifications / Experience
- A Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/ or preferably a professional accounting / audit designations like CA, CPA, CMA, ACMA, CIMA, ACCA, CIA etc. OR 16 years of education in relevant field.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years' experience related to the above duties and responsibilities, out of which 2 years’ experience should be in a similar role related to development of horticultural value chains. Experience of working with International NGOs, donor agencies, or other reputed international development organizations will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required