A stable and prosperous Pakistan is a top priority in international development efforts of the UK Government. Empowerment and voice of women, girls and marginalized social groups is vital for these efforts to succeed. Therefore, enabling them to articulate their needs and influence legislation, policies and practices which affect them is at the heart of the UK’s development assistance. Better access to reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health and nutrition is an important entry point to achieve this objective.
Pakistan is off-track to achieve the health Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). DFID Pakistan (DFIDP) therefore is focusing on reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health (RMNCH) including nutrition to support effective implementation of health sector strategies that will lead to achievement of the health MDGs. DFIDP has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Pakistan on Provincial Health and Nutrition Programme (PHNP) to achieve RMNCH and nutrition results in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces over four years (2013 to 2017).
These TORs relate to the Office Assistant role for one component of the PHPN programme - Empowerment, Voice and Accountability for Better Health and Nutrition (EVA-BHN)
The objective of EVA Project is to increase the demand for better RMNCH services and nutrition and empower citizens to hold the service providers to account. Women, girls and children with the greatest needs and from underserved backgrounds will be prioritized. The sub-programme will complement the supply-side interventions by increasing demand and strengthening mechanisms for greater and effective citizen participation and monitoring of health services. This includes:
The role will be responsible for cleaning and office support, assisting Procurement and Logistics Officer where needed
Primarily reporting to the EVA-BHN Procurement and Logistics Officer
1. Daily broom on in and out floors to sweep dirt
2. Daily mop with phenyl on all floors
3. Daily washing and cleaning of all toilets
4. Dusting of furniture i.e tables, chairs, counters, equipment, cupboards etc. when required
5. Daily check and replace soaps, toilet papers, hand wash, towel etc, where required
6. Immediately report to supervisor if any sanitary or electric repair work required in toilets
7. Weekley cleaning of windows, grills and window glass
8. Help in photocopying, binding etc. when required
9. Assist in office kitchen during workshops, meetings or when required
10. Help in loading/unloading and packing when required
11. Any other task assigned by the management.