1. JOB SUMMARY
Chief Procurement and Contracts serves as a part of senior management. The Chief shall direct and manage all the procurement and contractual matters for Consultancy, Capital Works and Goods in a professional and transparent manner as per agreed protocols and policies. The job of Chief Procurement and Contracts is to systematically and efficiently manage contract creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and to plan and direct all aspects of PSPC's legal, regulatory & corporate affairs. These include litigation, arbitration, legal opinion, drafting and vetting of various kinds of agreements/contracts and representing the company before various regulatory authorities. He/ She shall also ensure maximum protection of PSPC’s legal rights.
2. NATURE AND SCOPE
2.1 Reports to:
- Manager Procurement, Manager Legal & Contracts
2.3 Dimensions of Position:
- The incumbent oversees Procurement and Contract function of the company in addition to overseeing the legal aspect of the organization.
2.4 Membership in Committees:
- Procurement Management Committee
2.5 Key Performance Indicators:
- Procurement Cycle time
- Contract Compliance
- Number of Litigations resolved successfully.
- (Specific performance indicators are mutually agreed by incumbents and their supervisors on annual basis)
3. KEY INTERACTIONS
- Legal representatives of contracted parties
- EMCs and/or Contractors
- All functional heads
- Board’s Procurement Committee
- Board of Directors
4. FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Leadership and Strategic Management
- Develop the department’s operational strategy in collaboration with the Strategic Management & Planning department.
- Communicate the finalized departmental strategy and work plan specifying therein the targets and their timeline to the departmental staff.
- Liaise with the Finance department for finalization of department’s budget.
- Direct processes and activities in all areas of the Company’s procurement and contracting related activities in accordance with the procurement plans ensuring compliance with Punjab Procurement Rules 2014, PEC guidelines, FIDIC and the overall legal procedures relating to procurement and contracting.
- Organize the development and management of a Contract and procurement monitoring system.
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of department staff ensuring an effective and motivated team.
- Review and finalize the annual procurement plan for its presentation to the CEO.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Develop and maintain a coordinated approach towards procurement of consultants, goods and services, contracting and contract management for the company.
- Ensure the compliance of the company’s procurement manual in all processes and all levels and make periodic recommendations to update it.
- Perform due diligence from legal, contractual and financial point of view of all procurement and contracting processes independently and where a third party is involved, facilitate such party.
- Perform all steps and measures in Procurement and contracting cycle beginning from need assessment, preparation of EOIs and Pre-Qualification documents, Pre-Qualification Process, Bidding Process and prepare Bid Evaluation reports, carryout contract negotiations and signing of contracts as stipulated in PPR 2014.
- Perform contract management function and ensure compliance of contract by PSPC and identify any non-compliance from other contracted parties.
- Review contracts or other documents to assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Provide professional & strategic advice and render legal opinion to the Board of Directors, Chief Executive officer and other functional heads of PSPC.
- Provide guidance on legal and governance issues and provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
Legal Risk Management
- Maintain a deep understanding of PSPC’s contract policies, legal risk and liability and its position on various matters.
- Lead the defense of the organization in lawsuits and the prosecution of lawsuits on behalf of the organization against others.
- Review and finalize the periodic management report prepared by the Manager Procurement and communicate such reports to the CEO for his/ her approval.
- Analyze annual budgets and review periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Present the procurement and contracted related reports to the Board and other forums when needed.
- Liaising with HR department in conducting performance appraisals and ensure competency gaps are addressed.
- Performance of duties as secretary of the Procurement Committee: (a) preparation and circulation of working papers and meeting notice; (b) Preparing minutes of meetings; (c) Approval and circulation of the minutes.