1. JOB SUMMARY
The General Manager Projects is appointed at organizational level and his/her prime responsibility is to ensure that the projects are carried out in accordance with the plan shared with the contractors. He/she is to ensure that the projects are completed as specified and on time without compromising quality.
2. NATURE AND SCOPE
2.1 Reports to:
- Regional Directors, Heads of North South and Manager Design and Specifications.
2.3 Dimensions of Position:
- The incumbent oversees the functioning of EMCs and Contractors at Organizational Level.
2.4 Membership in Committees:
- Implementation Committee Consultant Selection Committee
- Disciplinary Committee
2.5 Key Performance Indicators:
- Proportion of Districts with access to quality water.
- Number of projects on time.
- Rural water supply customer feedback survey.
- (Specific performance indicators are mutually agreed by incumbents and their supervisors on annual basis)
3. KEY INTERACTIONS
- EMCs/ Contractors
- Local Administration
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Internal Auditor
- Chief technical Officer
- Disciplinary Committee
4. FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Develop the department’s operational strategy in collaboration with the Strategic Management & Planning department.
- Communicate the finalized departmental strategy and work plan specifying therein the targets and their timeline to the departmental staff.
- Responsible for overseeing all projects and provide support and/or monitor Regional Directors in performance of their duties.
- Act as an advisor to Chief Executive Officer and Board in project related matters.
- Responsible to be a part of strategic decision making process in Co-ordination with Strategic department.
- Performance Management
- Oversee and facilitate the management in evaluating the performance of EMCs and contractor in the light of NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary, keeping in view recommendations from Regional Directors.
- Provide recommendations to Consultant Selection Committee in the light of performance of the consultant.
- Ensure all Projects related issues are properly reported and presented before the Implementation Committee within reasonable time.
- Communicate all non-compliances to the Implementation Committee.
- Finalize action plans and communicate them to Regional Directors for implementation at lower level.
- Review the NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary received from Regional Director.
- Ensure that relevant progress bills have been forwarded to respective Regional Directors.
- Analyze independent evaluation reports from Regional Directors and direct relevant course of action to be followed.
- Prepare a detailed Gap report by consolidating the regional gap reports and communicate it to the CEO.
- Analyze consolidated reports and documents sent by Regional Directors from their respective regions.
- Analyze all documents from Regional Directors including periodic reports, NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary and technical evaluation reports.
- Perform all duties of whistle blowing unit as specified in the whistle blowing policy