1. JOB SUMMARY
The Regional Director Projects is responsible for proper management of the projects in his region. His prime responsibility is to ensure that projects achieve desired results of appropriate quality in an acceptable timescale and cost. The Regional Director Projects reports to and takes direction from the relevant Manager Projects (North, South or Center).
2. NATURE AND SCOPE
2.1 Reports to:
- General Manager Projects & Services/ Head North/ Head South
2.3 Dimension of Position:
- The incumbent evaluates the project performance against the agreed TORs with Contractors. It also manages all the operations of Project staff at region level.
2.4 Membership in Committees:
2.5 Key Performance Indicators
- Non-compliance identified.
- Number of delayed projects in his/her region.
- Number of appropriate corrective recommendations approved by General Manager Projects/ Head North/ Head South.
(Specific performance indicators are mutually agreed by incumbents and their supervisors on annual basis)
3. KEY INTERACTIONS
- Consultants/ Contractors
- Local Administration
- Inspectors, Auditors
- AM Accounts/ Finance (Region)
- Regional Manager Community Mobilization.
4. FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Assist General Manager Projects & Services/ Head North/ Head South and to support / monitor Senior Engineers.
- Ensure that NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary has been received from Senior Engineers in his/her region within the communicated timeline.
- Oversee and resolve administrative matters of Project Engineers and Senior Engineers of the region.
- Communication and Co-ordination with local government authorities and liaison between local government and Social Mobilizers.
- Carry out surprise visits at different sites for physical verification and to ensure the integrity of the NFRs received.
- Oversee and evaluate the performance of EMC and contractor in the light of NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary and recommendations from Senior Engineers.
- Analyze independent evaluation reports received from Senior Engineers and recommend appropriate course of action to him/her.
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the TORs of contracts with all the relevant EMCs and Contractors and evaluate whether the Gap report received from Senior Engineer, is in line with the understanding and the NFRs received.
- Report to the GM Projects of any deviations from the terms of Contract, recommend corrective action and help prepare any appropriate Exception Plans.
- Communicate the Gap reports to the General Manager Projects/ Head North/ Head South within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure all Project Issues are properly reported to the Manager Projects within reasonable time.
- Responsible for consolidation of all reports and documents sent by Senior Engineers from their respective districts and Preparation of a Regional NFR along with the recommendations.
- Communicate all documents/reports received from Senior Engineers including periodic reports, NFR (Notes for Record)/Field Diary and the validated (as received from Technical Department) technical evaluation reports to Director Projects and Services on timely basis.
- Communicate the technical evaluation report to the technical department for its validation.
- Communicate plans and instructions of General Manager Projects & Services to Senior Engineers falling in the region from time to time.
- Keep a proper record of all correspondences and reports received at regional level.
- Forward relevant progress bills to respective Senior Engineers.
- Carry out any other task as may be instructed by the
- GM projects & Services.