The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus (SHOPS Plus) Project is a five-year (2015-2020) Cooperative Agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The strategic goal is to improve health outcomes and support achievement of United States Government commitments at the global, regional, and country levels. In collaboration with USAID implementing partners, SHOPS Plus Pakistan will implement a project that aims to: scale-up effective zinc and oral rehydration salts (ORS) promotion and use for the treatment of childhood diarrhea; map the size, scope and quality of healthcare provision in the private sector; conduct a pharmacy assessment to assess opportunities for an increased role of pharmacies in healthcare provision; and support the promotion of chlorhexidine digluconate (CHX) for neonatal umbilical cord care through the private sector. The project will be based in Islamabad and run through September 2018.
SHOPS Plus Pakistan is seeking a Local Country National to support the planning, implementation, oversight, analysis, and reporting of research and monitoring and evaluation (RME) activities. S/he reports to the SHOPS Plus Pakistan Chief of Party based in Islamabad.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- In collaboration with the COP and home office technical leads, identify research and evaluation needs for the project
- Support the design and implementation of project research activities (including development of research protocols, data collection, analysis, and reporting/dissemination findings)
- Develop SOWs and contribute to the procurement process for hiring research firms, providing day-to-day oversight and supervision of hired firms
- Support recruitment and oversight of consultants, as required
- Prepare local IRB applications, ensuring compliance will all local IRB polices and requirements related to research studies
- Co-write research reports and summary briefs
- Synthesize research findings and communicate key findings to program staff, managers, and USAID to inform evidence-based program design and implementation
- Review and summarize secondary data (such as census, readership/viewership surveys, published research reports) to inform evidence based program design and implementation
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support efforts to develop an overall M&E framework and processes to measure, assess, and report on project results
- Support efforts to develop a project learning agenda
- Lead the process of writing a concise M&E plan
- Lead efforts to check/ensure data quality for reporting
- Conduct periodic internal data quality assurance checks to ensure data accuracy and precision
- Lead efforts to track and report indicators in SHOPS Plus tracking software
- Synthesize M&E findings and communicate key findings to SHOPS Plus Staff and USAID
- Master or doctoral degree in related field
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in conducting and managing qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring, and evaluation activities
- Experience designing and conducting research activities for private sector health programs in FP and CH highly desirable
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Direct experience supporting USAID- or other donor-funded health projects preferred
- Experience with child health, behavior change communication, or social marketing projects preferred
Please send your resume and a cover letter to SHOPSPlus_Pakistan@abtassoc.com with “RME Manager” in the subject line.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.