Position Title: Manager Policy, Research & Advocacy
Job Location: SDF Head Office - Islamabad
Position Report to: Director Programs
Salary Range: Scale 9,Benefits (Provident Fund, Life & Health Insurance, OPD)
Manager Policy, Research & Advocacy under the theme of Good Governance & Democratization (GGD) in Sungi, overall responsible for policy and local advocacy campaign support to various programme in Sungi. He/she is responsible to give programmatic vision and practical oversight of various advocacy campaigns in the organization.
He/she will be responsible for implementation of overall advocacy campaigns, preparing advocacy briefs to share with management on quarterly basis, attending monthly, quarterly and annual basis review and planning exercises. Orientation and capacity building of staff and community activists on policy/local advocacy, coordination and planning with thematic leads of Sungi’s various Programme staff at head office, regional and zonal office level, technical backstopping in the field.
- Complete adherence of Sungi’s vision, mission, strategic objectives and policies at all levels, and suggest/recommend changes for efficient and effective system development.
- Develop, plan, direct/implement and manage all the Policy Advocacy and Networking (A&N) functions as per Sungi Strategic needs.
- Prepare A&N annual plan and budget within agreed limits.
- Conduct research and assessments around communities issues and prepare action plans advocacy initiatives at national level and provincial level.
- Advocate community issues by organizing seminars, press conferences, dialogues, political forums for effective policy and legal framework formulation and implementation to promote people’s friendly institutional and legal arrangement to protect vulnerable groups especially on forest and water sectors, disaster management, food security, labour rights and peace etc.
- Complete knowledge, managed and implemented national and International advocacy campaigns.
- Have a greater insight of Socio, political and economic policies.
- Take initiatives to improve policies, institutions and systems for improving quality of life of the marginalized especially women and minorities.
- Identify the gaps and shortcoming and plan workshops, seminars, dialogues, discussion panels and symposiums at various levels so that all aspects of an issue are examined and improvements suggested through the collected inputs and wisdom of all the stakeholder.
- Build linkages with civil society organizations and networks, government and legislature for consultation to create a wider constituency for support and lobbying.
- Prepare, publish and disseminate IEC material on advocacy campaigns.
- Strengthen and capacitate marginalized groups to enable them to access services from state departments.
- Liaise and work for global and regional level forums to voice for the poor to change the global action which are affecting poor.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and submit to Director Programs.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming and gender dis-aggregated data of advocacy campaign in all project and program planning cycle.
- Monitor performance against approved programs/projects LFAs and suggest/recommend changes to the Director Programs for timely decision making.
- Liaise and attend activities related to A&N at field level according A&N plans and in PMC/review and planning/Strategic reviews.
The Manager Policy, Research & Advocacy will be responsible will be responsible to enhance his/her professional and personal growth as well as his/her team.
SDF strongly believes in staff’s professional development and capacity building. The Manager Policy, Research & Advocacy may also get an opportunity to participate in various local and international trainings / conferences.
- Accountability - Able to set clear goals for himself and his/her team and monitor performance against the objectives.
- Empowerment – Capable of having open, honest and respectful dialogue with community members and Government representatives and other stake holders.
- Equality – Work with highest ethical standards and treat all people with respect.
- Inclusiveness – Embrace diversity and able to enrich output with diverse perspectives.
- Sustainability – Committed to achieving sustainable results in all aspects of work.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Social Sciences/Development Studies
- 5-7 years of experience in same capacity with I/NGOs
- Good track record of publication and advocacy campaigns
- Have knowledge of local policies and legislations & International Legal Instruments
- Programme Cycle Management
- Communication and public relations
- Networking and collaboration
- Strategic planning and management
- Strong Interpersonal skill
- Strong Communication and Analytical writing skills
- Networking and stakeholder management
- Public Policy formulation, Policy Research, Analysis and Policy Advocacy
Sungi is an equal opportunity employer. Woman; minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.