Sungi Development Foundation
Position: Program Development Officer
Report to: Manager Program Development
Reported by: None
Salary Range: Scale 6, Benefits (Provident Fund, Life & Health Insurance, OPD)
The Program Development Officer provides assistance in organizational efforts to respond to program development opportunities, with an emphasis on strategically increasing SDF’s portfolio of priority projects. This position provides assistance to the line management in overseeing, managing teams comprised of consultants. And external partners to develop proposals in response to donor solicitations and organizationally-determined priority areas. The position provides support in developing and maintaining specialized knowledge of specific regions and technical areas of interest to the organization. In developing proposals, s/he participates in project design and contributes in writing of proposals.
- Complete adherence with Sungi’s strategic plan.
- Provide support in developing and expanding Sungi’s program including identifying and tracking potential bidding and grant opportunities.
- Take part in preparation of tenders including Expression of Interests and Technical and Financial Proposals.
- Provide support in developing new projects and grant opportunities.
- Play role in maintaining the system for managing Sungi’s expanding network of technical expertise including CVs and contact details
- Contribute in maintaining excellent working relations with national and international partners
- Design and conduct need assessments
- Provide assistance in orienting the project teams on new projects
- Prepare detailed implementation plans of the new projects in consultation with project teams
The Program Development Officer will be responsible will be responsible to enhance his/her professional and personal growth as well as his/her team.
SDF strongly believes in staff’s professional development and capacity building. The program development officer may also get an opportunity to participate in various local and international trainings / conferences.
- Accountability - Able to set clear goals for himself and his/her team and monitor performance against the objectives.
- Empowerment – Capable of having open, honest and respectful dialogue with community members and Government representatives and other stake holders.
- Equality – Work with highest ethical standards and treat all people with respect.
- Inclusiveness – Embrace diversity and able to enrich output with diverse perspectives.
- Sustainability – Committed to achieving sustainable results in all aspects of work.
Education and Skills
- Master Degree preferably in development studies , social sciences and business administration. And 3 or more years relevant professional experience in I/NGOs in same capacity
- Strong Communication and Analytical writing skills
- Understanding of Project Cycle management and theory of change.
- Knowledge of logical frameworks or other project design concepts;
- Previous project design experience strongly preferred;
- Advanced writing, editing, and negotiation skills;
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in a local languages;
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, SharePoint.
Sungi is an equal opportunity employer. Woman; minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.