Chemonics International seeks a Training Specialist for its USAID Small and Medium Enterprises Activity (SMEA). Pakistan SMEA is a 5-year, $35 million project that is aimed at improvement of financial and operating performance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Pakistan in selected high-performing industrial, manufacturing and services sectors.
The Training Specialist will report directly to the Business Development Support Specialist and will be responsible to develop program training programs to be offered to SMEA stakeholders on the basis of training need assessments. The position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan; with occasional travel across Pakistan.
- Working along with the technical teams, conduct training need assessment of SMEs, trade associations, business facilitators, government officials and business development service providers
- Work with technical teams facing small and medium enterprises in Textile, Leather, Minerals, Hospitality, Logistics and Packaging, Light Engineering and ICT sectors to identify training needs of SMEs and other stakeholders based on the opportunities for growth
- Develop training programs to be offered to SMEA stakeholders on the basis of training need assessments
- Develop training program materials and their relevant curricula
- Recruit and manage trainers and liaise with other project staff and consultants for effective reflection of programmatic needs in the training programs
- Coordinate to ensure timely logistical arrangements to conduct training events.
- Monitor and report on trainer and trainee performance and perform monitoring and evaluation for training efficacy with respect to related project activities and targets
- Aim for beneficiary growth and diversification as result of trainings to be offered under SMEA
- Support the Technical Project Managers with the implementation of SME development programs as assigned.
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, business administration and/or related fields
- At least five years of relevant work experience working in the field of SME development and/or economic growth
- Optimum technical knowledge in SME development as demonstrated by successful work experience
- Work experience with USAID or other major development agency (e.g., World Bank, IFC, DFID, etc.)
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the ability to design and conduct training and workshops/seminars
- Advanced computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar packages (including but not limited to word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, etc.)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Urdu with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders
Application Instructions: Please send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and 3 professional references when you apply to SMEArecruitment@pakistansmea.com by April 21st, 2017. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only applications sent to the listed email will be considered. Applications without these items may not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.