US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
Marketing Access Coordinator
U.S. - Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
Place of Performance
Level of Effort
Life of Project (LOP)
Period of Performance
Marketing Specialist- International Sales
The U.S.-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) is a USAID funded project which aims to improve the ability of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture and livestock sectors to compete in international and national markets in the four target product lines; meat, high value and off season vegetables, mangoes and citrus. AMD will act as a catalyst for development and investment in target product lines by actively promoting cooperation and coordination amongst the value chain actors and ancillary service providers. AMD’s implementation strategy is underpinned by a strictly commercial and market driven approach with a clear focus on strengthening market access for its partner organizations, and support international marketing and sales efforts.
The Market Access Coordinator will coordinate all marketing activities and will assist the marketing team in developing the overall marketing strategy, vision and assistance in improving the overall performance, profitability and marketability of all four of the AMD product lines (citrus & mango, halal meat, and high-value off-season vegetables). The Market Access Coordinator will have a background in agricultural marketing, event management, domestic and international market linkages, and capacity building in value chains relevant to Pakistan and its potential trade partners. The Market Access Coordinator will report to the Market Specialist- International Sales.
The individual holding this position shall perform the following specific functions:
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Assist in drafting reports on event participations and market assessments;
- Organize and coordinate workshops, events including trade shows both national and international, program of work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Assist in conduct primary and secondary research activities to support the design and implementation of market linkage and access programs under the AMD Project;
- Assist in the development of marketing and other program related concept notes, budgets, SOWs, memos etc.
- Assist in the periodical review and update TORs, work plans, detailed activity plans and other project planning/ management related documents with the team, as and when needed;
- Provide programmatic and operations support for all marketing activities at the AMD Project, including those relating to the citrus, HVOSV, mango and meat value chains;
- Assist in the Design, Planning and budgeting of marketing events and promotional campaigns for the Project’s target product lines;
- Assist in engagement and coordination of Project beneficiaries and partner organizations for the execution of trade show events;
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff;
- Review project related documents and provide feedback accordingly;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of effective information database on project, providing resource and necessary support for program inputs and outputs;
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the Chief of Party (COP) and/or the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) for implementation of the AMD Project.
- Pakistani national;
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing, developing market links, event management, economic growth, trade, value chain competitiveness and/ or agricultural development;
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with an additional 2 years’ experience in relevant areas;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in value chain development (i.e., USAID’s value chain and facilitation approach) that reaches women and youth;
- Creativity and a willingness to innovate, think systemically and design catalytic interventions;
- Fluency in English required;
- Fluency in Urdu preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Prior event management and marketing experience and demonstrated excellent communications and writing ability;
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple assignments and willingness to travel throughout Pakistan;
- Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web browsers, and email;
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required; other Pakistani languages preferred;
Preferred: Understanding or prior exposure to agriculture/horticulture sector and Work experience in a development agency or in a development project environment