DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
Suitable applicants sought to manage implementation of provincial Birth Registration Strategy, with specific focus on Digital Birth Registration interventions initially in two districts (Pakpattan & Bahawalpur) and later on in other DBR districts of Punjab.
Duration: 09 Months
Supervision: Director General, LGCD
Purpose of this Post:
Technical support for enhanced birth registration service delivery for children, as comprised within the implementation of the Multi-Year Work-Plan (2015-2017), and further elaborated in the Project Document “Upscaling Universal Birth Registration in Six Districts of Punjab” (signed August 2016) and agreed between the Government of Punjab and UNICEF. Under the said Multi-Year Work-Plan, the Digital Birth Registration (DBR) project will be maintained and managed by the Local Government Department, whereby the services of an ICT Manager will be required for the provision of technical support and coordination for the successful implementation of identified interventions in selected districts of Punjab.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to the Department of Local Government at Provincial Level for:
- User creation and profiling for dashboard management
- Administration and troubleshooting of dashboard
- Coordination between the Department of Local Government, consultants/vendors, UNICEF, Telenor and mobile network operators (MNOs) for upscaling and maintaining the system and services during the digital birth registration project
- Management of secure environment to host DBR datacentre post establishment.
- DBR database server configuration
- Administration and first-level troubleshooting of database server, as per agreed procedures
- First-level troubleshooting of DBR Mobile Application, as per agreed procedures
- On-line and physical data integrity and security
- Responsible for creating standard operating procedures (SoPs) in support of maintaining and restoring server/data backups regularly
- Coordinate effectively with project field staff to ensure the timely submission of respective monthly work plans and monitor implementation of same
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues with system and services, as per agreed procedures
- Responsible for changes in the system, as per requests from stakeholders
- Coordinate with project team in the field for any technical problems encountered in the field
- Analyse data trends and generate monthly reports for dissemination with the Local Government Department and UNICEF.
- Conduct capacity-building trainings related to DBR application for project staff
- Provide technical support to the Department of Local Government to ensure effective coordination at provincial level with all relevant partners.
- Support the Local Government Department in maintaining records
- Facilitate the organization of events, meetings, workshops and seminars related to the DBR Project
- Collect child birth registration data at District, Tehsil and UC level for consolidation and presentation to the Department of Local Government and UNICEF on a monthly basis
- Must be willing to travel to the field
- Undertake any duties or tasks, assigned by and/or agreed with the Director General Local Government & Community Development Department.
Qualification / Specialist Knowledge / Experience Required:
- Should have a University Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Proficiency in Linux OS, MySQL database development/management, PHP, Web servers (Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP) and mobile applications (Android v4+) development etc.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications
- Planning, coordination and monitoring skills; ability to organize work plans and deliver projects effectively
- Must have four to five years relevant working experience in large-scale project management/deployment and system administration
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is highly desirable
- Must be a team player