JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY
Finance Assistant (FA) will enable the smooth operation of the finance activities, maintains records, support finance officer in overall management of finance resources, monitoring and financial controls. FA will assist FO in consolidation of financial information for management analysis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- FA will do day to day cash payments and will manage staff floats/advances for Punjab Office.
- FA will make routine bank payments on cheque days and will ensure complete supporting documentation for Punjab Office.
- Collection of monthly time sheets from staff and maintaining record in soft, and maintaining file for hard copies of time sheets for Punjab Office staff
- FA will assist FO in monthly payroll preparation by collecting & reviewing payroll supporting sheets from HR, Admin & Logs Departments.
Partners Financial Reports
- FA will collect financial reports on monthly basis from Punjab partners on monthly basis. Perform initial review and the reports according to the IP check list and submit to Finance Officer for final review and preparation of IP JVs.
- FA will assist FO in keeping financial record of Multan Office and Partner files up to date and in filing properly.
- Assist in asset verification and updating record in MGP
- Assist in internal and external audit as required
Support and Cover (country wide role)
- Review the work of other Finance team members, as required/assigned.
- Assist Finance Officer in Partners Financial verifications as and when required.
- Assist Finance Officer in Month End and other monthly reports associated to month end.
- Participate in Partner in procurements as and when assigned to participate as procurement committee member.
- Arrange necessary cover in fields in absence of field Finance staff
Responsible For (Staff): Nil
Liaises With: Finance Officer, Programme Managers, Programme team, Suppliers, Partners
- Partly qualified from ICMAP Stage-I, ICAP-Foundation, ACCA Part II, MBA Finance, M. Com
- At least one year work experience preferably in NGO sector
- Must be computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel & accounting packages
- Good communication & team building skills
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts
- Experience of working in an insecure environment
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Active team player adaptable and flexible
- Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions
- Ability to regulate own time and perform to deadlines.
- Command of MS Office
- Experience on accounting programmes will be a plus.
- Capacity building and training skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic report writing skill
- Basic analytical and problem solving skill
Must have good prioritization skills with reasonable decision making abilities. Organization as a humanitarian organization responds to emergencies which may affect routine work.
Responsibility to manage transaction volume of around 2 million Euro per annum. This limit may increase if Organization decides on an emergency response(s). Ensure best value of money and facilitate process to improve accountability to beneficiaries and donors (HAP)
Finance Assistant will work within financial delegation framework of Organization Programme. Authorized to detect and report frauds cases to the senior management as per anti-fraud policy.
Organization Programme, like other INGOs working in Pakistan, sometime has to operate in risky Environment/areas. Organization has security management plan to deal with threats and to minimize the risk.