US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
Support to AMD grants
Place of Performance
Lahore, Pakistan with likely travel to AMD project areas
Est. Period of Performance
120 working days June 25, 2017 thru March, 2018
US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) activity in Pakistan is a USAID funded activity implemented by CNFA with the goal of supporting the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture, particularly through improving the ability of Pakistan’s agriculture and livestock sectors to meet both international and domestic demand and requirements in targeted product lines in Citrus, Mango, High value/off season vegetable and livestock. AMD envisions transforming the four targeted product lines into efficient, private sector led value chains that deliver competitive products to domestic and export markets. AMD’s targeted training, matching grants, and technical assistance will leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation. Together these approaches will support upgrading, streamline supply chains, optimize profit margins, increase participation of women entrepreneurs, and ultimately make Pakistani mango, citrus, meat and HV/OSV more profitable and more competitive.
This assignment requires the following specific functions:
- Coordinate with all the sector specialist for smooth implementation of grants activities
- Follow up with the procurement for disbursement of grants in kind
- Track the records and in kind assistance receipts forms and file them accordingly in the respective grantees files
- Assist in conducting the advertisement, evaluation, and selection process for new grantees.
- Field visit for onsite physical verification of in kind assistance.
- Assist in review of files and completing the missing documents as directed by Grants Manager/Grants officer.
- Scanning completed files and providing soft record of files to Grants Manager.
- Record keeping of the completed files.
- Assist Grants team in maintaining grants tracker.
- Keep record of all grants archives.
- Work as focal point for handing over and receiving files from other departments.
- Keeping liaison with Compliance in specific and other departments in general for files review.
- Proper tagging and placing of files in archive
- Help out grants team in data (both soft and hard) management in close out period
- Monthly update report of all activities conducted by the STTA including:
- Drafting negotiations memos, grants in kind agreement and all other documentation required for approval and implementation of grants
- Monthly grants trackers updating
- Maintaining the soft and hard grants archives for ready reference
- Coordination with field staff, program staff and grantees for smooth implementation of grants
- Coordination with procurement for grants in kind disbursement and filing the assistance receipts forms
- A Master’s degree in a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of international development experience, at least 3 of which are specifically focused on grants, contracts, and/or compliance;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications;
- Prior USAID or other international donor experience preferred;
- Fluency in English required;
- Fluency in Urdu preferred.
- Strong communication skills;
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to perform successfully as a member of multiple project-related teams;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Strong computer literacy skills required in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, web browsers, and email;
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing ability;
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required; other Pakistani languages preferred;
- A willingness to travel throughout Pakistan;
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work under pressure and deadlines.
- Demonstrated leader ship and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability for capacity building and knowledge transfer
Estimated level of Effort (LoE) for the assignment:
120 work days
Timing of the Assignment:
The STTA assignment shall commence on or about June 25, 2017 and is expected to complete by March, 2018.