Background: The position is for an international development project working to deliver social infrastructure across Pakistan.
Position Summary: This position is under the direct supervision of the Manager Fleet Operations, and is responsible for driving the vehicles, their routine checks and maintenance, ensuring the safety of IMC employees travelling with him from one point to another point resulting a safe pick and drop off at destiny. In Provinces will work through respective regional security managers.
Reporting and Supervision: The driver reports to Fleet Officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Check the vehicle for daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
- Check the vehicle for monthly maintenance
- Maintaining the vehicle log book properly and keep it updated.
- Shall make sure that the vehicle is safe from damages.
- Keep the car cleaned all the time.
- Directly responsible to the Organization’s Security Department for the smooth running of fleet.
- May be assigned the duty of driver’s supervisor to assist Manager Fleet Operation/Regional security managers as and when assigned.
- Have a direct line of contact with the Manager Fleet/Security Department.
- Maintain his vehicle on time and keep it in road worthy condition.
- Pick and drive - AII staff and guests to pre-determined destinations within given timeframes, as directed.
- Will drive all the staff members irrespective of National staff or expatriates.
- Driving defensively and be courteous to other road users.
- Make sure the prompt reporting to supervisor of any damage or repair needed to the assigned vehicle/maintaining of accident reports and informing the supervisor about any such accident.
- Will make sure that the orders are clearly understood.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
- Must adhere the SOPs for mobile use while driving.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
- Over 5 – 10 years’ diverse experience in Tactical driving techniques and know-how of close protection duties. .
- Ability to read, comprehend rules/regulations, and orders.
- Ability to satisfactorily use and maintain assigned vehicle.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Preferably from International Organizations background and experience.
- Experienced in managing vehicles, their maintenance.
- Minimum qualification should be Matric;
- Basic spoken English required.
- Knowledge of advanced safety and security methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of training and supervisory techniques.
- Must have a good working knowledge of fleet operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, company and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s), to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write necessary incident/accident reports, make various log entries, make independent good judgment decisions within proper policy or procedure.
- Ability to control situations involving difficult and stressful incidents.