Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications and Outreach Specialist, the Social Media & Communications Officer will support the project’s communication activities in order to increase awareness of the USAID funded Training for Pakistan Project amongst various audiences. This position will work closely with the program’s technical staff as well as liaise with the M&E team.
- Review and modify all documents prepared by the program e.g., manuals, publications, progress reports, newsletters etc; to ensure that the language, form and format of these documents conform to the highest professional standards in writing.
- Communicate program activities to the outside world through dissemination of information, supervise drafting press advisories, press releases, coordinating interviews, monitoring media coverage, respond to journalists’ inquiries and media requests in close collaboration with the program management.
- Supervise implementation of Branding and Marking Plan.
- Assist the program in organizing events/discussions and projecting the work of the Project.
- Provide advice and input to further improve different promotional materials e.g., newsletters, event briefs, press releases etc., prepared by the program/project.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of program communications and media strategy.
- Develop and conduct short training courses in report writing for preparing comprehensive and concise human angle/ success stories for USAID consumption.
- Monitor Social Media and use it as a contemporary tool for greater program outreach.
- Ensure wide coverage of program interventions and related activities in both the print as well as the electronic media.
- Ensure timely sharing of communications related programmatic deliverables to USAID.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the program management.
This position will be based at the Training for Pakistan Project office Islamabad. The Social Media & Communications Officer will be working under and report to the Communications and Outreach Specialist. S/he will hold discussion and meetings with all the concerned department teams as and when required, in order to establish a friendly environment, and to promote the process of consultation and to accrue benefits from each other’s experience.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in communications with USAID funded projects;
- Prior knowledge of USAID reporting processes is preferred;
- Demonstrated personal commitment to peace, tolerance and development;
- Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues or different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments.