An international nonprofit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources seeks applications for the position of Microfinance Specialist.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business Administration or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in financial sector, preferably with hands on experience in Microfinance.
- Proven experience in managing a project, preferably donor-funded, including project design, implementation and completion.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of microfinance component.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule.
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to evaluate projects and business operations on technical, commercial, managerial, and financial grounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build cooperative networks.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend practical solutions.
- Lead and implement the microfinance objective of Project by addressing all key aspects (scope of work, terms, deliverables, etc.), monitoring results, benchmarking against best practice, and consulting with the relevant stakeholders.
- Will arrange training and provide business advisory support to Project partners / beneficiaries on microfinancing in the targeted areas.
- Support Project partners and beneficiaries for securing microfinancing from banks and financial related institutions for increasing their respective produce handling capacities and implementing other business supporting interventions under Project.
- Will Pro-actively and effectively develop and nurture working relationship with banks and MFIs.
- The Microfinance Specialist will provide technical assistance beneficiaries in business management and finance and linkage to financial institutions for access to finance.
- Will be responsible to conduct training needs assessment of existing beneficiaries/project partners.
- Will identify farmers / beneficiaries for credit/loans and review, revise, and upgrade their business plans that receive technical assistance to access finance from microfinance institutions and banks.
- Document progress, resolve issues, and initiate improvements when needed. Prepare reports on activities, outputs and outcomes for donor.
- Conduct awareness creation and mobilization meetings with the beneficiaries in the targeted areas.
- Will conduct preliminary due-diligence on interested farmers / beneficiaries, will conduct site visits to assess project feasibility and advise businesses on any revisions and upgrades needed to make the business plans more attractive to the banks.
- Will be responsible to educate/train farmers on how to access an appropriate range of high quality financial services. Assist farmers in the targeted areas to access financial services from bank / related institutions.
- He will ensure and motivate beneficiaries for restricting microcredit loans for productive purposes such as improvement of their work facilities, etc.
- Identify key lessons learned to be shared with donor and develop other internal knowledge management documents in Microfinance.
- Travel as necessary to support project design and development, and implementation.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email.
Females are encouraged to apply.