In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
MSI is recruiting a full-time Administration Officer. The Administration Officer is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to all project offices and activities and for the implementation of administrative systems, procedures, and policies. S/he will ensure coordination and effective sharing of information and resources within the department.
The Administration Officer will work cooperatively with project employees and partner organizations to contribute to the success of PERFORM. The administration Officer will report directly to the Operations Manager and work closely with the team to plan, coordinate and track program support services and activities.
- Manage expatriate staff/consultants visa applications (new/extensions) and maintain appropriate documentation and records.
- Coordinate the issuance and extension of No Objection Certificates (NOC) for PERFORM field activities, and for staff/consultants’ field travel (when applicable).
- Coordinate with PERFORM's security unit to ensure that security protocols are in place for staff traveling to the field.
- Manage the PERFORM fleet, ensuring the maintenance of the vehicles and submission of monthly vehicle cost and usage reports.
- Coordinate and follow up on the timely adjustment of advances and payments to vendors related to admin, logistics, fleet and other operations related activities.
- Manage the PERFORM inventory with support from the Administration Assistant.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager in meetings with technical teams to identify their program support needs.
- Ensure operations run smoothly within the department, extend administrative support to the technical team, and streamline record management and data archiving.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative tasks within the team and expediting required outputs.
- Direct the work efforts of the Administration Assistant and Logistics Assistant and provide instructional guidance and motivate departmental colleagues.
- Maintain invoice tracking sheet, reconcile invoices and ensure timely processing.
- Supervise the acquisition, distribution and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Oversee the delivery of administrative support services (janitorial service, assistance for meetings/events/workshops).
- Ensure the preparation and provision of work spaces for new hires, home office visitors, and consultants.
- Various other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Public Administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience (prior work in a supervisory role is preferred).
- Prior experience with USAID funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of administrative systems.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter, with strong customer service orientation.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong presentation and communications skills - oral and written.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.