Project Implementation and Financial Management:
- Make sure that projects have effective implementation plans as per proposal and budget approved by donors. These implementation plans should have enough details like breakup of main tasks in sub tasks and responsibility.
- Follow up with project teams at regular intervals to make sure that projects are on track as per implementation plan.
- Keep AD/DD updated if there is any deviation or time lapse in terms of following implementation plan
- Make sure that there are no under/over spending.
- Ensure necessary systems/policies are in place to run the “Livelihood, Health and Education” Projects.
- Take initiative of doing lesson learning exercises from time to time with teams.
- Ensuring gaps identified through review processes evaluations are addressed.
- Strengthening networking and linkages with respect to the program.
- Represent organization nationally and internationally for portfolio related Program activities including meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Proposal development for new projects under the thematic areas of “Livelihood, Health and Education”
- Fundraising for “Livelihood, Health and Education” thematic area.
- Take initiative and introduce new portfolio related projects in Pakistan.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Make sure that gaps identified by monitoring team are addressed by project teams.
- Support AD to ensure that monitoring team has good quality and sufficient tools in place to report against indicators as given in project log frames.
- Ensure all donor reporting deadlines and formats are followed.
- Finalize narrative and financial reports of all projects that fall under the thematic portfolio defined.
- Responsible for building capacity of respected team in technical areas.
- Recruitment and orientation of staff as and when required.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the overall project teams.
- Ensure organization’s expectation from program team members are clear to them.
- Provide timely feedback to team members as and when required.
- Promote and practice team accountability.
- Ensure Quality and Accountability mainstreaming in all projects that fall under the portfolios.
- Increasing visibility of “Livelihood, Health and Education” related projects.
- Help in developing publications for the projects that fall under the portfolio.
- Promote the desired organizational culture across the Projects.
- For the position of Program Manager - Livelihood, Health and Education, a Master degree from a recognized university and 6 years of experience in the themes of “Livelihood, Health and Education” is considered necessary. Some experience of working and coordinating with other international NGOs and funding agencies is also essential for this position.
- Proficiency in English speaking and writing skills.
- Able to work independently, ability to take new initiatives, to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Decision making skills, facilitation skills, and management skills.