4-6 years of experience in a technical role with increasing responsibility. Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Security preferred with relevant hardware/software certification(s). Thorough understanding of Microsoft applications/infrastructure is required. Strong documentation/reporting, operational level analytical/troubleshooting and organizational skills would be an asset. Capable of resolving critical software and hardware issues in a time sensitive manner and should be cognizant of requisite service levels.
Certification: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Exchange Server 2010/2013, SCCM, CCNA, VMware Preferred
Must be fluent with Windows networking, advanced desktop support, having significant work experience and the following certifications:
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Microsoft file server/ FTP.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, O365.
- Microsoft Systems Configuration Manager Server - SCCM 2007/ 2012.
- Microsoft Systems Data Protection Manager Server -2012.
- Strong understanding of Network Infrastructure Object Creation, NAT Policies, Access Rules Policies, VPN is required.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, & OS 7/8/10.
- Microsoft Windows Clustering.
- Microsoft ISA/TMG Server Networking skills, including LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, etc.
- VM Ware, Hyper-V, HP Servers.
- NAS and SAN storage management, RAID configuration and MS DFS Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2008 – 2016 and Linux (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc.) operating systems.
- Manage Active Directory, Domain Controller, Additional Domain Controller, Domain Name System and DHCP.
- Microsoft Exchange server, O365 Online Exchange, Lync/Skype for Business and workstation patching with SCCM, SCOM, SCDPM.
- Manage the physical and virtual environment (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy etc.
- Have Familiarity with ODK Aggregate Environment.
- Maintenance and Support of Web and FTP servers.
- Have Familiarity with Cisco Firewall (Object Creation, NAT Policies, Access Rules Policies, VPN).
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, policies, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, SOPs, and best practices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed, also plan and implement DR site for HA.
- Have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS.
- Deploy workstations, servers, firewalls, encryption systems, and appliances security systems.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the MIS/IT Officer.