The project aims to monitor progress of INL-P (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) funded grants in FATA and KPK with a particular focus on monitoring, oversight and reporting. The specific grants are focused on agriculture and infrastructure, implemented by various stakeholders. IOM will use real time monitoring that enables the measuring and monitoring of environmental developments and program progress through tailored data collection tools to provide time-relevant information for decision makers. Specifically, it is undertaken during implementation to provide immediate feedback for real-time decision making and modifications to improve ongoing implementation.
Under the overall supervision of Project Officer and direct supervision of M & E Manager, the Monitoring Engineer will responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support M & E Manager in developing technical monitoring plans for ongoing project activities in coordination with Monitoring Officers;
- Develop technical monitoring tools and templates to be used in the field for monitoring progress of ongoing projects;
- Conduct regular field visits for monitoring of various Projects and prepare regular progress reports;
- Keep the project management abreast/informed of recent developments situation in the projects’ sites, highlighting issues, challenges and risks for contingency planning.
- Monitor compliance of civil works quality control and environmental plans according to relevant contracts/agreements;
- Reviewing & monitoring construction schedule & works activities to meet the required project completion dates;
- Identify and document challenges in implementation and timely report these to Project Management;
- Support training of field staff to conduct monitoring of projects and use of developed monitoring tools and templates;
- Monitor quality standards for ongoing projects, report on compliance and raise non-conformances where applicable;
- Liaise with other sections of the Project for improved coordination related to the monitoring and reporting of relevant project activities;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with four years related experience.
- Experience in quality control, quality assurance procedures.
- Experience in technical report writing.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Cost Estimation and Technical Report writing and monitoring of Civil Engineering Works.
- English - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Pashto - Adequate