The project aims to monitor progress of INL-P (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) funded grants in FATA and KPK with a particular focus on monitoring, oversight and reporting. The specific grants are focused on agriculture and infrastructure, implemented by various stakeholders. IOM will use real time monitoring that enables the measuring and monitoring of environmental developments and program progress through tailored data collection tools to provide time-relevant information for decision makers. Specifically, it is undertaken during implementation to provide immediate feedback for real-time decision making and modifications to improve ongoing implementation.
Under the overall supervision of M & E Manager and direct supervision of Deputy M & E Manager, the Mobile Agricultural Monitoring Specialists will responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring of agricultural projects in the target areas;
- Specifically she/he will provide technical assistance and assess compliance and progress of the INL-P funded activities;
- Communicate regularly and interact regularly with relevant project sites on agricultural activities and ensure that lesson learned are documented, disseminated and flag gaps timely to inform project management and donor;
- Provide technical expertise for development/tailoring of monitoring and data collection tools for agricultural projects;
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to agricultural project sites;
- Conduct trainings for enumerators for use of developed monitoring and data collection tools for monitoring of agricultural projects;
- Prepare regular progress and monitoring reports on agricultural projects in coordination with the monitoring and data collection team;
- Ensure that monitoring activities capture community-based approaches;
- Document case studies and lessons learnt in coordination with the monitoring and reporting teams;
- Monitor quality standards for ongoing projects, report on compliance and raise non-conformances where applicable;
- Liaise with other sections of the Project for improved coordination related to the monitoring and reporting of relevant projects;
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture or any related field with five years relevant work experience in agriculture related projects.
- Should have ample knowledge and field experience with technical monitoring of agricultural projects, preferably in externally aided or similar projects.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- English - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
- Pashto - Adequate