The project aims to monitor progress of INL-P (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) funded grants in FATA and KPK with a particular focus on monitoring, oversight and reporting. The specific grants are focused on agriculture and infrastructure, implemented by various stakeholders. IOM will use real time monitoring that enables the measuring and monitoring of environmental developments and program progress through tailored data collection tools to provide time-relevant information for decision makers. Specifically, it is undertaken during implementation to provide immediate feedback for real-time decision making and modifications to improve ongoing implementation.
Under the overall supervision of Senior Program Manager and direct supervision of Project Officer, the Reporting Officer will be responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In collaboration with monitoring and data collection team ensure regular information gathering and coordinating information collection process for the monitoring activities including progress tracking, collection of information and distribution summaries.
- Provide regular situation reports as required by the Program Management and donor, interim and final donor reports, case studies, etc.
- Ensure periodical reporting of the progress and documentation of lessons learnt and case studies
- Prepare regular reports on activities, outputs and outcomes and extract relevant reports as required;
- Assist Project officer to ensure effective and efficient Monitoring and Evaluation and integrate data collected from the field with central Monitoring tool in coordination with Monitoring Officers;
- Assist in developing monitoring plans in coordination with the monitoring team for ensuring that Monitoring data is incorporated into reports as required;
- Support in tailoring existing Monitoring tools according to program monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Identify and document lessons learned and case studies including critical success factors, opportunities for improvement and be responsible for preparation of communication items.
- Regularly inform Programme Manager about the activities, project status, and project progress and provide other support, as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed university degree in social sciences, such as law, international relations, governance, development or alternatively communications;
- Three years of experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation;
- Relevant work experience in a challenging environment;
- Previous experience working with international and governmental programmes;
- Demonstrated understanding of complex socio-political environments.
- Excellent command of oral and written English and Urdu is required.
- Working knowledge of Pashto is advantageous.