I. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Party/Project Manager & under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Islamabad, the incumbent will directly support and report to Agency Development Officer (ADO) in the sub office and also to the Finance and Logistics in charge at the Head Office Islamabad and provide overall finance & administrative support in the day-to-day management and functioning of the program. In particular, he/she will:
II. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide timely Admin/Finance and Logistics support and maintain records of HR, Procurement and Financial documents in compliance with organizations policies and procedures.
- Manage day to day petty cash expenses for the office and maintain supporting records.
- Prepare and submit Petty Cash Report to Head Office along with all vouchers on monthly basis.
- Ensure all grants payments charged are correct before submitting the reports to Head Office for further processing.
- Timely process advance requests and submit liquidations for all expenses above petty cash threshold for the office.
- Maintain staff attendance and leave records and prepare summarized reports of Medical claims.
- Regularly maintain office stationary record, generator log book (fuel usage and hours used) and fulfil the requests on demand.
- Regularly check the vehicles condition and coordinate with vendors in case of any repair/Maintenance.
- Prepare duty roaster for drivers and verify accuracy of vehicle log book on daily basis. He/she will send monthly log book detail of all vehicles to Logs ISB.
- Regularly maintain and update the records of the program Assets. Coordinate with Logs ISB in case of any disposition of Asset.
- Display Tender Notice and float RFP/RFQ to qualified Contractors and distribution of bid documents.
- Conduct bidding of Infrastructure grants and ensures the transparency in bidding, assist committee members in case of any irregularity found in process. Review and compile all bid documents before sending to Logistics Islamabad.
- Responsible for organizing and/or tracking the local procurements of goods and services/labor made in the field by program for grant specific projects.
- Ensure that the procurements made in the field are all properly documented; vouchers for payments and other supportive documents should be filled and shared with the Logs Islamabad
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative:
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation:
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
Planning and Organizing:
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops/follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
IV. Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or B.Com, or Equivalent.
- Experience of four years working in the same role.
- Knowledge of budget management and accounting techniques.
- Knowledge of HR, Procurement and Financial Management systems.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn, a range of computer applications including financial management systems.
- Ability to communicate with audiences and ability to prioritize work.
- Thorough knowledge of English is required
- Working knowledge of Pashto will be an advantage.