Developing and Strengthening the M&E System:
• Devise and lead the process for setting up M and E system to identify the key performance indicators (at output and outcome level) and tools for monitoring of program portfolio in field and comparing it to targets given in proposal.
• Ensure Quality and Accountability aspect is part of monitoring system.
• Undertake regular visits to the field for data collection, develop monitoring reports and identify any modifications that might be needed in the current M&E system and practices for better performance
• Follow up with program team to check if recommendations given in monitoring report are being followed.
• Identify, analyze and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate program staff for the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle. • Lead needs assessment, baseline/end line surveys and impact assessments analysis and reporting.
• Facilitate and manage external evaluations, impact assessments and mid-term reviews.
Assessment and Reporting:
• Record and report both qualitative and quantitative aspects of progress against the annual work plan and relevant proposals.
• Determine the extent to which the involved project team is meeting its objectives and targets against its project proposal/trackers through the establishment of a follow-up system.
• Determine appropriateness of procedures used for planning, program implementation & management, reporting and monitoring & evaluation.
• Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and constraints of the project with respect to project / program implementation.
• Lead on the delivery of internal capacity building including maintaining, delivering and improving the M&E training package, and access to external training opportunities.
• Recruit and orientate staff as and when required.
• Maintain a positive and encouraging relationship with team.
• Ensure organization’s expectation from M&E team members are clear to them.
• Provide timely feedback to team members as and when required.
• Promote accountability and transparency within team.
• For the post of M & E Coordinator, a graduate / masters degree from a recognized university and minimum 6 years of regional/international experience is considered necessary.
• Sound knowledge of M&E tools and initiatives, specifically with regards to CHS. • Sound understanding of Humanitarian and Development context at regional level.
• Familiarity with the use of Sphere and CHS, particularly in the field.
• Training and facilitation skills in English.
• Ability to work independently, ability to take initiatives, and make decisions.
• Ability to represent the organization at various levels in-country and at regional-international levels.
• Commitment and motivation to promote quality and accountability using creative approaches, aside from training.
• Ability to travel in-country, sub-region and the region as and when required.
• Management and leadership skills.
• Display of pro-activity in terms of receptiveness to change and effective management of pressure oriented situations.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.