ADRA Pakistan is a Non-Government Organization. The basis for its existence, its reason for being, is to live for, help and work with those in need.
ADRA Pakistan started its active presence in Pakistan since 1994 with initial shipment of medicine from the US under ADRA International Coordination. Over the past two decades of operation it has implemented more than 100 projects in most of the provinces in Pakistan.
WOD Project Office, Gadap Town, Malir District Council Karachi
LENGTH OF CONTRACT
Till Sep 30th 2018
REPORTS TO/ SUPERVISED BY
ADRA Pakistan Programs Director
WOD Project Staff
HOURS OF WORK
40 hours/week – Mondays to Fridays
30 Days Notice Required
The Employee’s base station will be in Gadap Town Office, Sindh Province, with regular travel to project sites; Karachi CIty, Lahore, Interior of Sindh Province and other parts of the country as may be assigned. Where deemed necessary, the base station may be reviewed, in which case, timely communication and arrangement will be made by the Administrative Committee.
Administer and manage the implementation of the two years Income Generation Project. The project pursue the following:
Goal: To reduce community vulnerability to a lack of adequate, safe water and a lack of fresh fruit and vegetables in their diet.
Outcome 1: Communities utilize water sources by using renewable energy.
Outcome 2: Communities enjoy healthier diets through introduction of home gardens.
This position calls for general management and supervision of project activities and staff, and routine interaction with ADRA’s funding partners ADRA International, supporting partners, and other entities (both governmental and non-governmental) with interest in the outcomes of project. This position is directly responsible for the implementation of donor-approved activities and for meeting donor-approved targets and outputs. This position calls for making regular visits to the field sites.. The position supervises all project staff. In addition, this position is responsible for coordination, planning, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating project activities.
- Coordinate field needs assessment and analyze assessment results as appropriate
- Ensure proper functioning of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Facilitate annual evaluation of the project
- Conduct Best-Practice research as it relates to the project
- Provide support to ensure adherence to donor and ADRA regulations/rules, including reporting
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites/activities
- Work with training facilitators to ensure appropriate development, field-testing and duplication of training and IEC materials
- Coordinate for training programs.
- Monthly activity reports
- Lead out in development of monthly work plans and any subsequent revisions
- Responsible for the day to day administration and management of the project
- Responsible for project documentation/database and data collection
- Provide assistance, guidelines and technical support to project staff to achieve the real objectives of the projects which focused is to reduce vulnerability of communities to lack of adequate water and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Supports Area Strategy development and review/revision based on ADRA country strategy, and monitoring standards reports, scorecards and action plans as well as quarterly semi and annual progress reports, monitoring reports baselines and evaluations for all projects.
- Development a Detail Implementation Plan, M&E Plans, agreements, MOU, including re-designing when necessary.
- Provide technical support related to community development initiatives, specifically on project design and reporting.
- Monitor funding status for each sector of the Area Strategy to identify possible funding gaps.
- Carry out research for secondary data (using internal & external data sources) for utilization in program and project development.
- Participate in joint agency assessments, task-force teams, and relevant workshops for programming.
- Close liaising/ coordination/ networking with government line departments, local and INGOs policy makers, community stakeholders, and all components in selected community.
- Conduct base line studies, market needs assessment.
- Formulation and strengthening of Community Water Committees.
- Develop IEC material and advocacy plans in collaboration with Government departments, and community.
- Other duties as assigned by Country Director ADRA Pakistan.
- Ensure project staff have relevant job descriptions and understand their roles
- Responsible for employee performance evaluations of project staff
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating staff training program
- Responsible for project-level accounting and finance administration tracking
- Ensure routine financial reporting to ADRA Finance Officer.
- Participate in project budget review process
- Develop regular contacts with technical personnel from ADRA PK, other NGOs, government
- entities, etc
- Attend relevant NGO working group meetings and provide briefing to relevant parties
- Liaise with provincial and district authorities
- Other duties
- Uphold ADRA’s Mission, Values and its operating principles
- Ensure adequate risk management systems are in place and functioning
- Any other duty or responsibilities which may be assigned by your supervisor
Success Will Be Demonstrated By:
- Project activities are well coordinated, planned and carried out
- Project goal, objectives and targets are accomplished
- Project is well monitored, evaluated and reported
- Project documentation completed
- Filing system at the workstation is made and functioning
- Comprehensive needs assessment done and reported
- Database for future proposals development is developed
- ADRA’s mission and its cultural/organizational values are demonstrated though the staff’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related area. Master degree in agriculture preferable.
- Understanding of community development.
- Good use of computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, SPSS, emails and internet.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments within ADRA Pakistan, local partners and other INGOs in relation to management of projects and international and community development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Sindhi and Urdu
- Strategically thinking, managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Five years experience in project management
- High level of personal and professional integrity and the ability to make consistent decisions.
- Helpfulness with colleagues
- Respect ADRA's missions, values and beliefs. Compliance with ADRA Pakistan's working policy and HR manual.