Fixed term contract
Finance Manager/Logistic Manager
The Grants coordinator will support the country team in the management and implementation of the humanitarian program in Organization. With the support of program & finance team, he/she will be responsible for the tracking and ensuring compliances with the donor and organization rules/policies, provide relevant support in proposal development, program implementation through Prince 2, risk identification & management, managing Call for Proposals for sub-awards, monitoring and implementation of the sub-award procedures, provide support in coordination with the key stakeholders including Govt., I/NGOs and humanitarian clusters, monitoring & implementation of the existing systems & internal controls, managing sub-awards by preparing grants agreements and modifications, providing technical advices on donor rules, logistic support and monitoring of the procurements.
In addition, he/she will maintain the record & databases of the overall program and act as focal person for internal & external communications/knowledge management, support in donor reporting, implementation of the donor & organizational branding & visibility plan and preparing updates, reports /presentations for meeting with the donors and other key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking of the funding opportunities, donor intelligence and provide relevant support to the finance and program team in developing technical and narrative proposals for funding.
- Provide support to the relevant project staff in understanding donor rules & regulations and orient the project staff on organizational procedural requirements to ensure that all project sub-awards are well administered and implemented in compliance with the donor’s rules and organizational procedures.
- Prepare and update proposal formats, grants charts, proposal development guidelines, Pre and Post award procedural requirements of organization on Web Page for review by I/NGOs applying for funding.
- Ensure the implementation of project competitive calls for proposals, including development of call for proposals, advertisement, collecting proposals/ receiving incoming applications submitted by I/NGOs for funding, screening the applications/proposals.
- Provide support in the proposal/application review by preparing the panel review schedule, sharing proposals/application with each panel member, facilitate and ensure the development, monitoring and implementation of ToRs for the panel review.
- Ensure fulfilment of pre-award procedural requirements and assist in consistent implementation of project sub award related administrative processes and procedures throughout the region; consistent with overall project approaches, including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting and partner capacity-building.
- Communicate with the relevant stake holders including relevant humanitarian clusters and Govt. disaster management authorities for needs verification and gaps in the disaster affected areas. Analyse the reports shared by UN organizations and share the updates with the program team to triangulate the information for decision making on sub-awards to INGOs.
- Provide support to relevant team members in conducting the physical capacity assessment of the potential applicant/I/NGOs. Based on the capacity assessment report, identify the potential risks associated with any particular sub-awards, and formulate the risk mitigation measures in coordination with relevant program and finance team.
- Provide support to grantees/partners in project implementation, establishing a sound internal control system by development, improvement and monitoring of procedural documents, induction/training materials and provided support to the relevant team member in delivering capacity building trainings/sessions.
- Provide support to team in implementation of projects/program through Prince 2, participate in project board/committee meetings for progress review, input on risk register, lesson logs and dealing with issues & office specifications related to procurement and grants.
- Prepare grant agreements on receipt of approval letter from the donor and to make sure that partners/grantees are oriented with important clauses of the sub-award agreement to ensure the compliances.
- Act as focal point for the major procurements of the grantees/partners; provide technical and capacity building support to the project staff in development of sound procurement system and process.
- Provide support to partners/grantees in procurement of project supplies. Coordinate with field team for technical advice and submission of procurement files. Conduct review of the procurement files and share the report with partners/grantees.
- Provide support to relevant staff in review and updating program and financial reporting to donor. Preparing and sharing the program updates with relevant government departments (as and when required
- Provide support in project closeout by participating in the project end stage meetings and preparing sub-award closure documents (project completion letters and record of assets/unused supplies)
- Promote the visibility of the program by preparing brochures, flyers, video documentaries and success stories.
- Responsible for the preparation of updates, reports and presentation for meeting with the donor and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to relevant team members in internal procurements including but not limited to, hiring consultants and external auditors.
- Act as focal point for the internal & external communication and knowledge management. Maintain the overall record , databases of funding applications, approved sub-awards and procurements
- Facilitate program impact evaluation and internal/external audits
Liaise with applicant organization, grantees, RF team and relevant country staff
- Minimum qualifications Master level, preferably MBA or MPA.
- Minimum four to five years relevant work experience in a similar capacity preferably with INGO
- Sound experience in grant management & procurements.
- Good written and spoken English & Urdu, with good communications skills.
- Knowledge about USAID rules & regulation
- Experience in sub-award management
- Experience on working in emergency humanitarian response
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience of working on communication materials
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to priorities competing demands.
- Excellent Computing skills, including use of spread sheet and electronic mail.
- Empathy with the aims and objective of humanitarian response, code of conducts and humanitarian principles.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender equity and equality.
- PRINCE2® Foundation certification in Project Management
- Knowledge of development issues & concepts
- Experience of working in an insecure environment
- Diplomacy tact and negotiating skills
- Team building and team work
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent in numeracy.