An international nonprofit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources seeks applications for the position of Business Development Specialist.
- Support project partners and beneficiaries, evaluating identified business options, making plans/proposals/business plans for securing resources (bank financing, grants under project) for increasing their respective produce handling capacities and implementing other business supporting interventions under project.
- Develop work plan for supporting target beneficiaries and partners in the target areas and targets agriculture and horticulture value chains secure resources for implementing capacity building interventions.
- Work with Project partners and beneficiaries including farmer groups having only rudimentary knowledge of finance as well as businessmen with advanced financial capabilities to enhance capacity for obtaining credit/financing from formal channels including, banks, financial institutions and other non-banking institutions.
- Liaise with Banks, Financial Institutions and other support agencies, institutions and projects for assisting project beneficiaries and partners for securing business support resources from these institutions.
- Conduct business development training/workshop/seminar for farmers, producers, local associations and other project beneficiaries.
- Must have Masters’ degree in Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines
- 4-5 years of experience in a development organization or a project particularly in the SME or/and Micro enterprise support function
- Strong writing and financial modeling skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills
- Fluency in both English and Urdu required; other Pakistani languages preferred
- A willingness to travel to field locations within Pakistan
- Able to produce high quality work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.