Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
Position Start Date:
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report to the Sr. Teacher Training & Resource Development Coordinator.
This position will supervise the following positions:
- Admin & Finance Officer
- School Support Associates
Under the supervision of Sr. Teacher Training & Resource Development Coordinator the District Manager will assist the PRP program team in the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain strong coordination with key stakeholders in the district e.g. district administration, education department, and other line departments for successful and sustainable implementation of projects initiatives.
- Manage in-service professional development activities in the district (that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups, implementation of reading Learning Material and roll out of TIG activities).
- Provide support to schools on regular basis.
- Conduct and supervise TIG meetings.
- Ensure administrative and logistic support required to implement program activities in the district.
- Lead district based staff in detailed weekly/monthly planning including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
- Participate in the recruitment of School Support Associates and other district staff as per HR recruitment policies and guidelines
- Under the guidance of Technical Coordinator, supervise district based staff that include School Support Associates and Admin. & Finance Officer etc. and appraises their performance as scheduled.
- Develop and submit monthly cash projection against program activities, support district based procurement (as needed)
- Ensure maintaining and updating of financial and compliance records/matters.
- Support the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection of work plan activities and participate in various surveys conducted in the district
- Prepare and submit district level monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain updates to be shared with his/her supervisor and the provincial team on a regular or as and when required basis.
- Compile success stories from the field and undertake case studies to highlight impact of the project.
- Have enough capability to address any issue of field immediately
- Minimum Master’s degree in education or relevant social sciences preferred.
- Proficient in using MS office computer applications.
- Minimum Five (5) years of relevant work experience is required
- Managing a district level office of an INGO/LNGO preferably in education development projects (experience with USAID funded project will be preferred)
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Managing and supervising field based training programs particularly for elementary/ primary teachers and other professional development activities.
- Ability to model best practices in mentoring district based team for successful program implementation.
- Ability to manage and adhere to strict timelines
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
- Strong information sharing and report writing skills.
- Strong people management and conflict resolution skills
- Have good written communication skills and can communicate in both verbal and written Urdu/Sindhi and English language.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer, qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.