US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
Assist AMD IT team for IT & Network related tasks
IT Officer/Operations Manager
Place of Performance
120 working days
Estimated Period of Performance:
November 2017 through April 2018
The U.S.-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) is a USAID funded project that aims to improve the ability of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture and livestock sectors to compete in international and national markets in four targeted product lines: meat, high value and off season vegetables, mangoes and citrus. AMD will act as a catalyst for development and investment in its targeted product lines by actively promoting cooperation and coordination amongst the value chain actors and ancillary service providers. AMD’s implementation strategy is underpinned by a strictly commercial and market driven approach with a clear focus on strengthening market access for its partner organizations, and supporting international marketing and sales efforts.
AMD encourages investments in its four target product lines through offering matching grants and technical assistance, and empowering stakeholders by developing synergies, upgrading and streamlining supply chains, providing technical assistance to optimize profit margins, and increase participation of women entrepreneurs, thereby helping make Pakistani meat, high value and off season vegetables, mangoes and citrus more profitable and competitive.
- Manage all IT related functions and organize responses so that all incoming ICT support calls are dealt with in a timely, systematic, and effective manner;
- Arrange to solve hardware, software, communication, and connectivity problems through first level and second level support to project staff;
- Administering and maintaining servers, networks, and client workstations
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding
- Establishes network specifications; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, Centralized Data backup server
- DHCP and DNS administration
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install all network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs
- Maintain network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly
- Add users to a network and assign and update security permissions on the network
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating on network optimisation
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources;
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access;
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy;
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- Backup server monitoring
- Update IT Inventory records as required.
- Any other task assigned.
- Provide monthly report on all IT Infrastructure related work done;
- Provide monthly ICT related inventory update report.
- Provide monthly report on the Server Security and daily backup status.
- Provide monthly report on the server maintenance and its backup and relevant issues with the server if any.
- Provide monthly report on the IT issues raised and its rectification on timely manner.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Pakistani National
- Graduate or Preference will be given to Microsoft Certified Candidate (MCSE/MCITP/MCP/CCNA/CCNP);
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience providing similar support, preferably in an international office environment;
- Knowledge and expertise on Microsoft Server 2012 roles to include but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Knowledge and expertise on server virtualization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications;
- Team player, with excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills in English, both written and oral. Excellent Urdu, with regional language capability desirable.