Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
School Support Associate will be responsible for facilitation and support of In-Service professionals and teachers in learning and implementing skills to enhance reading at school level.
- Facilitate in-service professional development activities in the UC/Tehsil/District that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities.
- Support teachers in implementing newly learned concepts and skills through regular follow-up support visits to schools.
- Work in close collaboration with teachers, head teachers and concerned education officer(s) in preparing and implementing school/ union council/ tehsil based reading improvement plans and strategies
- Assist District Program Manager in managing administrative and logistic issue for a smooth implementation of program activities in the district.
- Assist District Program Manager in developing monthly cash projection against program activities, disbursement of project beneficiary allowances, district based procurement (as and where needed) and maintaining update financial and compliance records/matters.
- Assist District Program Manager in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports by providing updated and accurate information from field. In addition, collect and share success stories from the field to highlight impact of the program.
- Prepare/partake in detailed weekly/monthly plans including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
- Ensure proper record keeping of the TIG meetings, follow-up visit, and teacher observation tools and reporting those to the district office accordingly.
- Support teachers in maintaining portfolios with up to the mark quality
- Assist the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection tasks.
- Collect content analytics from tablets
- Provide updated contents, and first level support to tablet users about tablet and multimedia content
- Compile success stories from the field and undertake case studies to highlight impact of the project.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education or social sciences.
- B. Ed (Hons.) or Associate Degree in Education or graduates with a certificate/ degree in education will be given a preference
- Minimum one (1) year teaching experience at primary/elementary school level for graduates with a certificate/degree in education.
- No experience required for ADE and B.Ed (Hons.) graduates
- Experience as teacher trainer will be preferred
- Social Mobilization experience with Education projects/schools are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to facilitate teacher professional development activities and model best practices in teaching.
- Good interpersonal and coordination/communication skills.
- Good information sharing and report writing skills.
- Good computer skills in MS office
- Working knowledge on Android tablets and smart phones (will be preferred)
- Willingness to work in and travel to remote areas and a diverse environment
- Flexible, motivated, team player and fast to learn
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer, qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Due to urgency,this position may be filled before the due date.