Azm-e-Pakistan supports small scale activities in Punjab and Sindh by providing grants to undertake programming. The activities are designed to support organizations, including Governmental entities, local organizations and community groups, to implement peace building and community development activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (STTA) will be responsible for ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of activities programmed from the Karachi regional office. The position will contribute to program learning at the activity and strategic levels. The position will report to the MEL Coordinator in the regional office. This is a Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) position.
- Assist the MEL Coordinator and M&E Manager in identifying various M&E needs to assess project progress and performance regularly in close consultation with the project team.
- Take part in consultations for design of various surveys and studies at program strategy level.
- Work in close coordination with program team to identify concepts and develop theories of change and objectives.
- Utilize practical tools and methodologies to develop M&E plans, performance indicators, reporting formats and data collection tools on a recurrent basis to track program performance on small grants program.
- Update various tracking sheets developed to track progress against targets of work plan activities and M&E plan indicators.
- Ensure smooth coordination with Independent Monitoring Unit and Awardees for multiple small grants.
- Conduct orientation, close out/partner learning review meetings in coordination with program team.
- Track implementation progress and provide capacity building support where necessary to project team in using data collection, reporting and other M&E related tools.
- Ensure timely collection, compilation and making available the data required for reporting on project progress.
- Guide the process of identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring of program performance and achievements, cluster evaluations and for preparing evaluations; review and analyze monitoring reports and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and identify corrective measures where necessary.
- Conduct periodic and systematic data collection and analysis of project results indicators, in conjunction with relevant project staff.
- Develop periodic evaluation reports on progress on results indicators of small grants program.
- Review and approve periodic reporting for quality assurance and ensure timely feedback and submission of deliverables as per the mutually agreed standards and deadlines.
- Assist Communication Officer in translating M&E findings into success stories and disseminating lessons learnt.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping using database systems and efficient filing of all M&E records including filled data collection tools, reports, evidences of the reported progress, official correspondence etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in related role required.
- Relevant experience working in International development organizations.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- English language fluency required. Sindhi language highly preferred.