Palladium is recruiting a Health Policy Advisor for an anticipated three-year USAID-funded opportunity to strengthen health systems at the federal and provincial levels in Pakistan. The Health Policy Advisor is a full-time position and will provide senior level knowledge, technical assistance, and support for the development, revision and execution of provincial and district policies and strategies related to maternal and child health and family planning. The position will be based in Islamabad or Peshawar.
Offers of employment to final candidates are subject to the prime recipient, JSI, receiving a No Objection Certificate from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) provincial government
- Provides health policy, advocacy and program-specific (maternal and child health, family planning) expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff and administrators as per project requirements.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform health policy and advocacy analyses.
- Prepares recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for client and government use.
- Supervises short-term consultants in Pakistan assigned to family planning policy and policy communication activities.
- Leads the design and implementation of political economy analyses of the health sector.
- Utilizes data driven and diplomatic techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
- Supports individual and institutional capacity building efforts for a diverse cadre of health champions in advocacy, policy communications and negotiations including government, the media and civil society.
- Develops, reviews, and/or prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations, briefs and posters; Develops new and innovative ways to present and disseminate project content and policy positions.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project requirements.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
- Maintain positive relationship with stakeholders.
- Master degree in a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in a wide range of policy and advocacy programs
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experienced communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task effectively, and work in a high-pressured environment
- Willingness to take on additional tasks, as requested
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with digital communications platforms
- Fluency in English and Urdu required
- Only Pakistani candidates may apply for this position
To apply, submit CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Please include job title and mention “Pakistan HSS” in the subject line of the email. Palladium provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.