TITLE: Outreach worker
ROLE PURPOSE: The main role is to educate community on reproductive health needs and establish community networks leading to strengthened referral system
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- To develop weekly and monthly outreach activity plan
- To hold community awareness sessions at the facility and field level
- To conduct household visits for FP and PAC services
- To high light and report key success of the project in intervention area and share with the supervisor.
- To identify the potential areas for FP clientele.
- To conduct monthly or bi monthly meeting with Lady Health workers or community Volunteers at field and facility level.
- Support co workers with the work plans and sessions implementations.
- To maintain session record, defaulter file of clients and trace defaulters in the field.
- To collect LHWs, CHVs(Community Health volunteers) referral slip and share monthly analysis report with the supervisor and share feed backs.
- To organize and facilitate capacity building session for volunteers and LHWs .
- To submit weekly, monthly reports and support in maintaining narrative reports
- Establish coordination strategy within organization and with other organization working in the same capacity and as well with government.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6 months-1 year working experience in community mobilization
- Experience in reproductive health is desirable
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to handle community level conflicts
- Ability to travel to insecure and remote locations when required
- Good command on local language, locals are encouraged to apply.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.