IRD/Blumont is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for its USAID-funded Sindh Community Mobilization Program (CMP). This program supports the Government of Sindh (GOS) in Pakistan, including its School Education Department (SED) and Project Management and Implementation Unit (PMIU), with technical assistance, training, and related resources necessary to implement localized community mobilization methodologies, maximize stakeholder participation, and facilitate demand-driven, gender-sensitive and child-centered interventions that increase girls’ enrollment and engage the private sector in school management. IRD/Blumont implements CMP activities in targeted geographic areas in the Sindh Province in close collaboration with target communities and with the SED and the PMIU. The COP will be responsible for overall project management and impact, and for external representation and coordination with USAID, project partners, stakeholders, and other donors. The COP is also responsible for project activity oversight to ensure quality work and compliance with contractual obligations and results, and will, where appropriate, provide technical assistance to partners. This position is located in Karachi, Pakistan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise senior technical and administrative project staff;
- Represent project with USAID, GOS, including School Education Department, District Education Offices, and PMIU, private sector organizations, donors, and pertinent implementing partners;
- Serve as the strategic guide for program activities – ensuring the program meets all required targets and anticipated results.
- Oversee development and implementation of administrative and operational procedures; strengthen finance, operations, and grant/subcontracts management systems;
- Ensure implementation supports the overall U.S. Government strategy for Pakistan;
- Grow, mentor and aid the management of private sector and non-governmental Pakistani partnering organizations in the successful implementation of program objectiv
- Liaise with other foreign assistance implementing partners to ensure streamlined programming of U.S. government assistance.
Required Skills & Experience:
- More than ten years of work experience in the successful implementation of basic education and/or community mobilization programs; at least five years in a large, complex developing country context.
- Minimum seven years of experience as COP or project director running large-scale USAID funded community mobilization programs with public/private partnerships, replication, and institutionalization of project activities across a myriad of institutions.
- Minimum five years of experience in management and administration of large-scale international donor technical assistance projects requiring high and demonstrated skills in strategic planning, supervision, program operations and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven strong communication skills, interpersonal and written, skills, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract.
- Must be completely proficient in English and Urdu.
- Advanced degree in education, international development, economics or relevant field.
- Candidates must be local national
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Previous work experience with the Government of Sindh; particularly the School Education and Literacy Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID best practices, guidelines, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Pakistan primary and secondary education system.
- Strong managerial, presentation, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the capacity to work individually and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work productively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen to and respect colleagues.
- Experience working in Pakistan or similar environments.
- Normal Office Conditions.