Place of Performance: Hyderabad/ Lahore/Islamabad
Project: Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA)
Post Type: Short Term Consultant (STTA)
Job Type: Consultant- Water Conservation Technologies Assessment
Start Date: March 2018
The Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA) funded through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has been working since April 2017 to increase smallholder farmers’ access to markets, alongside their overall development impact and cost-effectiveness. By building on CNFA’s 10-year history of successful implementation in Pakistan, PATTA is galvanizing ongoing private-sector investment to commercialize the types of agricultural technologies that enable smallholders to increase their incomes, improve farm productivity, create jobs, and enhance economic growth and stability. These technologies include seeds, fertilizers, water pumps, improved plant and animal breeds, precision agriculture, and integrated soil fertility management, amongst others.
Objective of the Assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to assist PATTA in identifying technological gaps & developing database of appropriate technologies pertaining to HEIS and water conservation technologies.
The STTA’s tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinate with PATTA team in development of strategy for assessment of HEIS technologies.
- Gather and analyze information from all stakeholders including Government organizations, research institutions, technologies companies, manufacturers, trader or importers.
- Identify and map HEIS locations in all provinces and develop HEIS (All types including rain water harvesting, canal and watercourse technology list).
- Conduct GAP analysis for technology use & its adoption for improving productivity, in relation to drip agronomy and identify gaps in training at all tiers of personnel including end user farmers
- Identify HEIS technologies companies having effective, appropriate and affordable technologies and have plan for investment in new technologies, expansion and upscaling of available technologies ultimately leading to job creation.
- Identify gasps in commercial promotion of HEIS to smallholder and evaluate the possibility of affordable versions.
- Develop database of available technologies (products, practices, tools & services) used in HEIS and water conservation technologies.
- Identify & map technology manufacturers, suppliers, importers, service providers along with their products and services covering their geographical presence, dealer network, sales channel or distribution network and conduct a gap analysis alluding improvements and recommendations for improvements.
- Any other task related to subject assignment assigned by PATTA
The specific deliverables of STTA are;
- Develop a detailed work plan/suggested methodology for the assignment within 3 days of assignment commencement
- Provide 1-page bi-weekly update to the Director technical related to field activity for technology assessment
- Develop Meeting minutes and Key informative interviews (stakeholders)
- Submit the draft of final report along with Power Point Presentation covering all aspects of mentioned tasks within two weeks of completion of field activity.
- Submit final version of report within one week after getting feedback & inputs from project team.
- Master degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Engineering or related field.
- Requisite prior experience of working at senior level consulting assignments with USAID funded projects with a focus on conducting studies for Agriculture sector
- Experience in designing and development of interventions in Agriculture;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Documented report writing skills in English;
- Oral fluency in English