The National DR-TB Manager leads and consolidates all support functions needed to implement the PMDT program across sites in Pakistan. Within the Indus Health Network (IHN) senior TB management team, the National DR-TB Manager is responsible for implementation of project activities, coordinating and monitoring the progress of these activities, and reporting to IHN TB Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) and to the donor.
The National DR-TB Manager must develop the overall strategy and timeline on how to ensure that all sites receive the necessary drugs, equipment, and technical assistance to reach goals and objectives. The National DR-TB Manager will directly supervise members of the central team with expertise in financial management, procurement, and monitoring and evaluation. The National DR-TB Manager will serve as primary point of contact with the PMU including support staff to ensure that work plan is implemented according to timelines, and reports are submitted on a regular basis.
The National DR-TB Manager will be directly responsible for all activities outlined below:
- Responsible for all PMDT program indicators, outcomes and goals
- Develop SOPs with relevant components of the team for programmatic, clinical and overall operations
- Directly supervise and guide all National and regional managers/coordinators within the PMDT program for implementation of deliverables
- Coordinate development of PMDT annual budget and workplan with all stakeholders, including subcontracted partners
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of activities at PMDT sites and make sure all activities are being implemented on time and under budget
- Communicate regularly with PMDT regional and site staff; assess individual site needs with respect to operational support and technical assistance.
- Assess need for technical assistance at PMDT sites and coordinate clinical and laboratory technical assistance as needed
- Coordinate with the procurement team to ensure all commodities and equipment is procured and supplied to all PMDT sites
- Coordinate the monitoring of stock levels of PMDT commodities and consumables and ensure that sites have sufficient stock
- Attend national meetings, present regular updates to IHN senior management and technical working group on progress; includes any ad hoc reports requested
- Ensure that required reports are submitted on time and in compliance with national standards and as required by IHN
- Troubleshoot any problems related to implementation at all PMDT sites
- Ensure regular coordination, guidance and reporting to PMDT technical advisor on all programmatic deliverables
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD or similar) in the health sciences, health management, public health or a related field.
- Preferably eight years of relevant experience with five years in Managerial role in a health care setting
- Experience in implementing and monitoring national public health programs
- Direct experience in low- and middle-income setting strongly preferred