The Research Officer will report directly to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. While the position will primarily be engaged on M&E, research and learning efforts. In addition, the position may support other discrete research-focused initiatives identified by the M&E team, program team in partnership with other members of the program team.
Scope of Work
- Support the development of overall program PMP and research framework
- Support M&E officer in the development of research initiatives
- Assist in review and distill existing research and programming tools
- Provide technical support to the M&E team as requested in development of M&E plans, theories of change, activity evaluation forms, data collection tools, and outcome-level data collection, in particular FGDs, KIIs, Surveys etc.
- Conduct field visits for regular progress monitoring and support to regional teams and implementing partners on M&E. In addition, build capacity of the program team and IPs staff on M&E tools and methodologies
- In consultation with relevant members of the M&E team, take point on more complex methods of outcome-level data collection, such as: management, implementation, and observation of FGDs, including training of enumerators
- Maintain quality control over associated FGD, KII, Survey products (i.e. transcripts, translations, and/or reports)
- Maintain proper recordkeeping using TAMIS and efficient filing of all M&E records including filled data collection tools, reports, evidences of the reported progress, official correspondence etc.
- As requested, work with program team to conduct discrete research activities (largely desk-based) to inform grant design and program efforts
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree in social sciences or political science
- 5 years of experience in research on conflict mitigation, and peacebuilding
- Experience in mixed methods research, in particular qualitative research, and associated analysis
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu; proficiency in regional languages such as Punjabi, Seraiki, Sindhi, and/or Pashto highly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to travel to the field, at times on short notice