The Programme Senior Security & Risk Assessment Manager (PSRM) will directly work under supervision of Chief of Party. The PSRM’s responsibilities include Risk Management and safety & security arrangements for CMP staff, premises & programme and management & oversight of Security department and to assist Chief of Party in security related matters of the Programme. CMP Project PSRM will be leading and responsible for overall project and field operational activities and will be based in it Karachi Office. This position will be supervising and senior lead for security department of CMP Project.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage security team, prepares inputs for the department & allocate resources, determine security resources requirement for the project including Karachi and North Sindh
- Maintain MOSS (minimum operating Security Standards) and MORSS (minimum operating Residential Security Standards) for the project
- Close coordination with Operations, program operations and program team and responsible for providing assistance to main project office team members and act as a bridge between security and program operations.
- Act as Senior Management Team & Crisis Management Team in relevant situations
- Monitor changing security environment and ensure/supervise that relevant advisories are sent to concerned staff members in offices & field via Security Manager-Sukkur.
- To ensure in arranging weekly and monthly situational awareness/ power point presentation to all staff members and or to Senior Management Team while using software’s or PPT.
- Oversee recruitment including vetting procedures of Security guards, close protection teams & Security assistants. Main point of contact for security related office contracts/agreements.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and training sessions. Provide a variety of security training to Karachi Staff and Field offices staff to include general security awareness as per organization protocols and policies
- Respond & management of all security related incidents including reporting to COP & HQ Security Team as per SOP’s
- Maintain Security risk matrix quarterly by identifying risk and its mitigation; Assist and supervise Security Team in the field and provide guidance as required for the CMP program
- Supervise and Monitor the duties & performance of guard force, close protection team and Security team in Karachi & Sukkur offices.
- Assess and regularly report to the CoP on security conditions and trends drawing upon inputs from the US Consulate, UN, and/or other local and national security contacts
- Maintain and update country Security Plan and implement via security team in the field offices
- Develop, implement & review Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to safety & security of the staff and premises/assets
- Prepare, develops, updates & implement and ensures functioning & effective security contingency plans including fire safety, evacuation, medical evacuation plans and closely work with operational and Department Leads
- Analysis the prevailing & potential risks to staff, offices to ensure suitable mitigations measures are in place to reduce the risk level.
- Identify gaps in existing security measures, provide guidance to security team & recommend for appropriate & cost effective security up-gradation
- Establish line of communication, liaison & close working coordination with security actors in region (i.e. INGOs, Consulate, UN, LEAs) to ensure maximum security for staff, premises & Programme
- Provide & ensure to deliver necessary trainings to security team; the staff members in Karachi & field offices Senior Team Members
- conduct and supervise Security Department in Security risk assessment of hotels/guest houses for accommodation in field and also supervise in conducting SRA of districts before implementing program in any district
- Conduct regular Security assessments & supervise Security risk assessments of offices, routes & events and report findings, whenever directed by Chief of Party.
- Provide guidance in establishing & maintaining related security for travel clearance roster and oversee after track staff movements and tracker record report for the senior management
- Provide guidance to Field Security Manager regarding field offices; DUTY of CARE for staff, implementing partners which are in field and working for organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief of Party
- Planning and Preparation of plans/revision as required
- Procedures and Protocols
- Act in a Crisis
- Advise and Report , close liaison with senior team leads
- Strategy development and management of activities
- Analysis and assessment and ensure in providing power point presentation for staff
- Capacity-building and gap-filling of security team
- Coordination with SMT and Karachi Staff
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Social sciences and related field with 10+ years’ experience in an operational management and/or security role.
- Past experience with Military, Paramilitary or police is advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with a complex donor portfolio and large-scale project management roles with 3+ years with USAID funded programs or experience with United Nations is advantage.
- Experience working in areas of constricted NGO movement in conflict and post-conflict environments.
- First Aid training Qualified. SSAFE Training (UNDSS) or SAIT Training (IOM) qualified.
- Strong interpersonal and training skills, ability to work in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent analytical skills - analyze factual information and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions with a proven ability to make informed decisions based on factual information and in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established policies
- Experience writing high-level security risk analysis and/or conflict analysis;
- Proven ability to plan, organize, lead and communicate in a multi-cultural working environment
- Ability to enlist the cooperation of others and handle difficult situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and impartially.
- Ability to communicate effectively, present facts and recommendations in oral and written form to senior decision makers in the field and at Head Quarter
- The ability to effectively lead personnel both in managerial and training capacities.
- The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Decision Making and initiative taker
- Well aware about Sindh culture and its sensitivity.