Job Title: Programme Manager (Donor Supported Program)
National Headquarters Islamabad
Senior Manager Programs
Programs and Operations
Saving lives, uniting people and changing minds for healthy, safe and resilient communities.
The leading humanitarian organization of Pakistan, committed to prevent and alleviate human sufferings by mobilizing the power of humanity through volunteers.
The position is meant to be responsible for the overall supervision, management & coordination of ongoing programmes in the fields being supported by DRC. This entails overall responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the programmes from National level.
Specific Duties, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact at PRCS NHQ, leading the overall responsible body for the implementation of the agreements between PRCS and the Danish Red Cross (DRC) Pakistan country office.
- Serve as the focal point for contact and interactions/ communications between PRCS NHQ and the Provincial, Regional and District Branch(es) pertaining to the scope of activities outlined in the development contract and Terms of agreement with the DRC Country Office and vice versa.
- Responsible for facilitating in preparing a detailed implementation plans, monthly/ quarterly budgets, and fund requests in coordination with the project team as per procedure.
- Work in close coordination with program staff at all branches as well as Provincial Secretaries to coordinate and ensure implementation.
- Monitor context, trends and environment related to the program, track progress against indicators, and advise PRCS NHQ, PHQ and DRC country office Pakistan accordingly in harmony with the DC and TA.
- Participate in all PRCS NHQ, PHQ and DRC Coordination and Planning and Review meetings (monthly, quarterly, annually) etc.
- Liaison and networking, with government and non-governmental organizations, International NGOs, ICRC, IFRC, NDMA and UN agencies for implementation of Project activities.
- Maintain close working relationships with relevant RCRC Movement Partners.
- Additionally to look after the NSD programme of Nor Cross at Sindh with same responsibilities
- Any other duty assigned by the PRCS Senior Management.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the PRCS goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the PRCS Management.
Masters/16 years education in Social Sciences from HEC recognized Institution.
- 07 years of professional working experience in handling of developmental and humanitarian related programs/projects.
- Preference will be given having experience with Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Management & technical skills on development of SoPs , guidelines etc.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Certification in Project Management would be added value.
- Work towards the achievement of PRCS Vision and long term objectives.
- Flexibility to travel into the fields to conduct monitoring & other related tasks.
- Good Command over the Microsoft Office (word, excel & power point).
- Strong monitoring, evaluation & analysis skills would be required.
50 % Travelling
Maximum age limit 45 Years.