US-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development
SCOPE OF WORK
CNFA-AMD/ Project Number AID-391-C-15-00003
Assist to Backgrounding Farms and Linkages Development Program
Feedlot Backgrounding and Linkages development Specialist
Sector lead / Chief Technical Advisor
Place of Performance
Period of performance
Lahore, Pakistan with likely travel to project areas of South Punjab and Sindh
180 days ( March 01, 2018 to February 28, 2019)
The U.S.-Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) activity in Pakistan is a USAID funded activity implemented by CNFA with the goal of supporting the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture, particularly through improving the ability of Pakistan’s agriculture and livestock sectors to meet both international and domestic demand and requirements in targeted product lines in citrus, mango, high value/off-season vegetables and livestock. AMD envisions transforming the four targeted product lines into efficient, private sector-led value chains that deliver competitive products to domestic and export markets. AMD’s targeted training, matching grants, and technical assistance will leverage private sector investment and encourage innovation. Together, these approaches will support upgrading, streamline supply chains, optimize profit margins, increase participation of women entrepreneurs, and ultimately make Pakistani mango, citrus, meat and HV/OSV more profitable and more competitive.
Objective of the Technical Assistance:
The objective of this assignment is to provide technical assistance to the AMD team in the development of backgrounding farms in the industry through in-kind grants support and technical assistance program. The consultant will further assist in the implementation of training program for women livestock farmers and linkages development activities b/w smallholder women livestock farmers to backgrounding and then all stakeholders of meat value chain.
Timing of the Assignment:
Total consultancy period of this assignment is 180 days and will commence working on this assignment on or about March 1, 2018, and will continue till Feb 28, 2019
Specific scope and deliverables for the assignment are given in the proceeding sections.
The consultant’s tasks will include but not be limited to:
Deliverables of the consultancy:
The deliverables for this consultancy assignment are following:
1) Develop cost-shared grant models with the selected grantees for backgrounding grant program.
2) Conduct market study to find appropriate equipment and machinery with specs and costing for procurement of in-kind grant for backgrounding grantees.
3) Prepare comprehensive technical assistance plan and best strategies to support backgrounding businesses in the industry.
4) Prepare trainees list for modular training on backgrounding through selected BSPs.
5) Oversee the quality of training program and support the BSPs to prepare training material and conduct training sessions with maximum impact.
6) Arrange business linkages workshops to assist backgrounding farms link with potential feedlot for the market of their calves.
7) Compile the booklets for feedlot and backgrounding business incorporating training manuals and input of International consultants on the thematic.
8) Facilitate the consultancy visits of International Consultants on backgrounding business model.
9) Oversee the women livestock farmers training program in the cluster of villages around backgrounding farms.
10) Develop and implement best strategies to link women livestock farmers with backgrounding and feedlot for the market of male calves on competitive price and get extension services and link with input suppliers.
All qualified applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Feedlot Backgrounding and Linkages Development Specialist”.