Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Summary of key functions:
In support of TiE’s aim to ‘put research and knowledge at the heart of development, manage Monitoring and Evaluation work in the organization. Working alongside TiE’s programme teams, you will manage the development and implementation of high quality and appropriate M&E and learning processes
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide refresher M&E training for program staff as needed.
- Work with donors to develop/improve the M&E plan for the projects
- Provide (or update) the organization with a vision, framework and strategic plan for its M&E unit.
- Lead all M&E initiatives for an assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality and tracking the progress of activities.
- Lead M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement and participate in program and project evaluations
- Communication and Reporting
- Support Grants Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high-quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Implement and participate in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Responsible for the implementation of these recommendations within Programs and projects
- Document the lessons learned and best practices for the different programs and projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, or another relevant academic background (essential), master’s Degree (desirable)
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity
- Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations (desirable).
The interviews will be on a rolling basis. Females are encouraged to apply.