- Ability to scope for new research and operational grant opportunities.
- Ability to secure research grants, handle compliance and oversee grant conclusion.
- Ability to build and develop a team and institutional memory for institutional grant seeking/business development.
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (especially faculty) on new projects/proposal initiation.
- Ability to drive progress on projects/proposals through influence rather than resorting to hierarchies.
- Ability to set up and build the Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC).
- Ability to think strategically and refine organizational direction.
- Ability to make networks and relationships with donors and organizations of high networth.
- Post-graduate Degree from a reputable university (MPH, MSc. MBA, MPA).
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in development sector regarding proposal writing, technical assistance, research and policy advocacy in locally and internationally funded projects related to public health, MNCH, education and social development.
- Specific experience in writing and securing research, advocacy and technical assistance proposals in response to competitive request calls.
- Extensive networking in the development sector/government.
- High level proficiency when working with SPSS/NVIVO/Photoshop/Coral Draw and MS Office Suite.
- Sound English and Urdu Writing, Speaking and Listening Skills.
- Ability to travel for meetings and conferences both locally and internationally for business development and networking purposes.
- Team player
- Negotiation skills at an advanced level.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Proactive and confident in taking initiatives, leadership roles and exploring new opportunities. Demonstrates record of creativity and entrepreneurship.
Team Management, Business Development, Relationship Building, Staff Development, Management Support, Proposal Writing