Senior Manager Finance & Compliance – Agricultural Market Development (AMD)
CNFA is an enterprise development organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies, and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, to expand exports, and to develop skills in the rural workforce. By generating higher incomes for farmers, processors, entrepreneurs, and distributors, CNFA helps improve livelihoods and reduce poverty.
CNFA is currently seeking a Senior Manager Finance & Compliance (SMFC) for the USAID-funded Agricultural Market Development (AMD) in Pakistan. This program aims to create productive commercial linkages between agricultural producers and the private sector in the mango, citrus, halal meat, and high-value off-season vegetable value chains.
This position is responsible for assisting Senior Director Finance & Compliance in managing administration, financial management, grants, procurements, and subcontracts. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance & Compliance (SDFC). This position will assist SDFC in assuring full compliance with regulations and policies with regard to financial management, including implementation of effective internal controls throughout the Project. The candidate will ensure full compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
In particular, the SMFC will:
- Assist to develop and implement financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in accordance with CNFA’s financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Assist in managing financial and administrative functions of the execution of subcontracts on all local implementing partners;
- Assist in ensuring the smooth implementation of all project financial and administrative activities, including but not limited to: timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections, submission of monthly financial reports to CNFA HQ;
- Ensure tracking systems for Finance / Operations / Grants / HR and Procurement are accurate and updated.
- Assist in verification of existing and new cost share verification of grantees.
- Assist to implement systems of support and enhance staff development, increase productivity, and promote quality control in all project activities.
- Assist in ensuring that staff contracts and profiles (other than the ones managed directly by CNFA’s Washington, DC Office), are in place and appropriately monitored and updated;
- Assist in managing all personnel records in a confidential manner;
- Undertake other assignments or tasks as required by Chief of Party and/or SDFC
- Pakistani National;
- Preference for a candidate from Lahore and/or its surroundings;
- Master degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related area of study, professional qualification (CA / ACCA / ACMA) is preferred;
- At least 7 years progressively responsible work experience in managing complex USAID project(s) in positions responsible for accounting, financial management and subcontractor/grant administration;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining the quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Fluency in English required;
- Fluency in Urdu preferred.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.