Chemonics International seeks a Subcontracts Manager for its USAID Small and Medium Enterprises Activity (SMEA). Pakistan SMEA is a 5-year, $35 million project aimed at improvement of financial and operating performance of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Pakistan in selected high-performing industrial, manufacturing and services sectors. Subcontracts Manager: The Subcontracts Manager will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations and will be responsible for managing the process of development and implementation of local subcontracts under SMEA Competitiveness Enhancement (CE) Fund. The Subcontracts Manager will manage the process of ushering a subcontract through the administrative process, but is not responsible for identifying the subcontract technical concepts. The Subcontracts Manager will work closely with the Operations Manager, Technical Team Leaders, and the DCOP/COP to assess various subcontracting opportunities.
• Manage and monitor subcontract processes pursuant to Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
• Maintain a tracking system for preparation of tenders, evaluation of applications/proposals, and monitoring of subcontractor performance, invoicing and payment. This includes updating and revising the subcontractor database, as well as collecting M&E data as needed.
• Conduct eligibility analysis and institutional assessments of potential subcontractors.
• Assess the implementation capacity of potential subcontractors and establish controls for expenditures and reporting on use of funds, as necessary.
• Closely liaise with and provide necessary assistance to SMEA technical staff on issues related to the refinement, data management, and monitoring of an administrative system to track the activities and performance of organizations who receive subcontract awards under the project.
• Ensure full compliance with USAID regulations related to fair and open competition in the award of local subcontracts.
• Manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals.
• Work with communications, M&E and environmental staff to develop branding and marking , M&E and environmental compliance plans with subcontractors where applicable to the subcontract.
• Oversee the technical evaluation committees, including preparation of selection and negotiation memos to detail the process of evaluation and results of selection.
• Monitor compliance of all subcontracts and prepare reports to the deputy chief of party and USAID as requested. Participate in the periodic internal audit of all associated pre-award and post contract management practices and materials.
Duty Post: The position will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
• Master’s degree in accounting, business or related field required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in donor-funded subcontracting mechanisms. Preference given tocandidates with experience managing large portfolios of service and deliverable-based contract.
• Preference given to USAID-experience.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills
• Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of tables with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is necessary
• Fluency in English and Urdu required.
Please send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and 3 professional references when you apply to SMEArecruitment@pakistansmea.com by April 16, 2018. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only applications sent to the listed email will be considered. Applications without these items may not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.